Chapter 14

CHAPTER 14

Eureka's POV

"WHAT MAKES YOU think that we'll believe you?"   Ele directly said, with his eyes in suspicion.   "And even if we did believe you... What advantage can you give us?"

Nagpatuloy ang mainit na usapan sa loob ng Principal's Office. Our club leader seems on fire with suspicion.

Napaka-ironic lang dahil kapag mas nagiging malamig ang pananalita't pagkilos ni Ele, doon mas nagiging obvious na nag-iinit na siya para alamin ang mga kasagutan.

"I don't care,"   answered by the confident principal.    "I don't care if you'll believe what I said, especially, about my connection to Callaghan or whatsoever. But of course, I can give you advantage. In fact, that's why you're all here."  

"What advantage, sir?"  seryosong tanong ni Genesis.  

"Let's just say, I can be your SOURCE to start your so-called project,"   Principal seemed very sure about what he says.  "I just recently visited my old friend, Callaghan. He's being temporarily confined in a strictly secured facility. Pwede n'yo rin naman siyang puntahan. Pero kung ayaw n'yong mahirapan, I can lend you some details about what we had talk that day. Well, it's up to you if you'll trust my assistance."

"Tell us what you know about Atlantis, sir,"   I politely said.  "Handa po kaming makinig."

Pinasadahan muna ng tingin ni Mister Principal ang bawat members ng club namin. He crossed his legs with sophistication, gently placing his intertwined fingers over his lap.

"What I know, huh?"  he stated.  "Hindi naman gano'n kahaba ang napag-usapan namin. But... He mentioned something that really captured my thoughts. And maybe this info will portray a big help for your project."

Walang nagsalita sa'ming lima. Nakatutok ang mga mata't tenga namin sa punong-guro. The silence implies that we're too determine to gather this information.

Principal Morgan continues,  "Atlantis, based on John Callaghan's discovery, isn't just a city. It is a labyrinth."

Labyrinth?

The last word really darted our minds. Wala man nagsasalita sa'min, pero ramdam ko ang impact sa atmosphere matapos bitawan ni principal ang salitang 'yon.

"A very detailed and complex labyrinth... with dangerous paths, tunnels, and difficult passageways. Callaghan didn't further the specification, but he warned me about the possible outcomes if you dare to enter that mystifying island,"  the principal shoot his irises on us.   "Death, peril... loss have a high probability. Mostly, the undeniably advance-made system that runs the island itself can bring harm to those who'll take the risk."

Panandaliang huminto ang principal, saka niya in-adjust ang kaniyang necktie.

"Anyway, hindi ko 'to sinasabi sa inyo para takutin kayo. Sinasabi ko 'to para maging aware kayo kung sakaling papalaring magtagumpay kayo sa paghahanap ng Atlantis."

"Why are you doing this? I mean, why are you helping us? If you don't mind, sir,"   Suzy questioned. Unlike Ele, she's calmer and more comfortable in this current state.

"Hmmm,"  umaktong nag-iisip ang principal, saka ito sumagot.  "Maybe because I see myself to all of you when I was younger. Back then, I always search for thrill and mystery. The determination I see through your eyes, I also had that once when I was at your ages. But my teenage life wasn't a complete success. Up until now, I still got a lot of questions inside my head. I know the feeling when you fail to discover something. So, I want you to fulfill those things that I missed. And once you succeed to fill those missing pieces, in behalf of my assistance, I'll be finally satisfied."