Tied up in a Neat Little Bow

The Doctor sat down beside Amy, and Sherlock sat down on the other side. On the other side of the table, there were four beings, two human and two Fremde. They were all wearing similar uniforms, a fancy coat with black trousers, and they had bow ties, a fact the Doctor noticed immediately.

"Nice bow ties," he told the four beings across from him. "Bow ties are cool."

None of the others in the room reacted, and the Doctor rolled his eyes. 

"No manners whatsoever," he muttered under his breath but loud enough for everyone to hear, then he brightened. "So, questions?"

"Who are you?" was the immediate reply, coming from a Fremde, probably in a different language. 

"I'm the Doctor," the Doctor replied, smiling at the Fremde's surprised expression. They probably weren't excepting a reply in their own language. 

"Sherlock Holmes," Sherlock added in.The Doctor was impressed. Even though he had spent probably weeks with the detective, and had saw first hand how smart Sherlock was, he was still surprised he was able to actually guess what the Doctor and the Fremde were saying. However, the Doctor had an ego to feed.

"And he's Sherlock Holmes," the Doctor told the Fremde and the humans, who at this point looked like the Doctor had suddenly grew three horns. Well, he might have; he didn't know.

"Wait," one of the humans said, waving his hand around to pause the Doctor. He had curly brown hair and a stupidly long scarf that alternated between grey and yellow. The Doctor scoffed mentally at it. He would never be caught dead in a scarf. "Hold on. So your the Doctor? And Sherlock Holmes? Together?"

"Yes," the Doctor told him, nodding. "Glad you noticed."

"Hmm," the man said. "I find that rather interesting. Er, anyway, um, hullo, I'm Nevin Scamander."

"Oh, you!" the Doctor said, brightening. "I know you. Loved your book."

Nevin blinked. "My what?"

"You know," the Doctor said. "Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them?"

"Oh, no," Nevin said. "That was my great-grandfather. Sorry."

"Oh well," the Doctor said, shrugging. "I'll have to find him later. Or earlier, I can never remember. Anyway, who are your friends?"

"Right,"Nevin nodded. "My human friend is Laska Hilda. The Fremde are Filex A and Osker G6."

"Nice to meet you all," the Doctor said, waving cheerfully at the people in the room. Only the Fremde waved back, with their flat elephant hooves. "Anyway, questions?"

"Right, so, um," Nevin shuffled his papers and cleared his throat. "How'd you get in?"

"Easily," the Doctor answered.

"Yeah, okay, but how?"

"Basically as easily as cutting through soft butter."

"No, what did you do to get in here?"

"With a TARDIS."

"And how did you get in with that?"

"With the controls."

"Doctor," Nevin sighed. "Please just tell us. You don't need to answer any other questions, just the one. I haven't seen my... I will have a lot of paperwork to do, and to be honest, I really want to-"

"That's not true," Sherlock interrupted. "You won't have a lot of paperwork. You want to get back to someone."

Nevin went red. "F-Fine, I want to see my... wife again."

Sherlock shook his head, grinning softly. He was enjoying this. "No, no, not that. It's a sibling, because of your new, or old, I should say, divorce, based on the intent on your ring finger."

Nevin, now completely red, hid his hands under the table. Sherlock smirked and Laska sighed.

"Sherlock, leave him alone," Amy hissed. The Doctor agreed with her, but he jumped anyway, forgetting she was there.

Sherlock rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Why do you want this information?"

Nevin looked a little taken aback by this question, but he quickly gathered himself.

"Because," Nevin answered. "This is the most important negotiation station we have. This is usually the place where intergalactic wars and solved, or stopped, or prevented. So you can see that it would be very bad if someone could get in."

"Well, I guess," the Doctor agreed. "But, only I can get in."

"But, Doctor, you're a Time Lord."

"Yes?"

"And if you can get in with your TARDIS, can't another get in with theirs?"

"...No."