THE ACTUAL CEREMONY

Harry continues feeling the cold pin in his pocket as he goes to bed. He is nervous about tomorrow, and how everyone will react. He feels bad for Ginny, because she must have seen her name on that pin in the 'no' pile. He feels bad for his friends because he said nothing to them on the way back to the common room. Heck, he didn't even say goodnight!  Harry fell asleep worried for the next day.

When everyone woke up the next morning, there was a lot of chatter.  Harry got up and ready, keeping the pin close by. As everyone walked down to the main room, the teachers were installing a small podium for Harry and McGonagall to stand on for the Ceremony.  Harry felt another twinge of nervousness, and couldn't eat breakfast. Finially, the hour had come when Harry had to announce his soulmate. There were no other Veelas in 7th year, so Harry was alone. He didn't hear a word McGonagall said in her speech, only his name being called up. Harry stood up and walked, slowly, towards the stage.

"Ok, so now, Mr. Potter, will read his pin to the crowd." McGonagall said. Harry looks up at her. "Can I just show you first?" He says taking the pin out of his pocket, like it is infected.
"Uhm... Sure Mr. Potter." See says.

Harry takes a deep breath and uncovers the pin. McGonagall stares at it for a second, then looks to Harry, with sympathy. "That was unexpected... But you can read the pin to the crowd now." She says, gesturing to everybody seated in the main room. Harry takes another deep breath and takes out his wand. Nobody knows what he is doing, so some back up. He points his wand onto the pin and says
"Snorus", throws the pin into the crowd and runs away, silently crying.

Everybody is silent.

Until the pin speaks up.

"My soulmate is...

Draco Malfoy"