2: Chasity Ring

"So, you've picked it out already?" Jimin turns to us as soon as we opened the door to the main store.

I nodded, holding up the black box. He freezes in place.

"Jungkook?..." He calls in a startled tone. "Are you sure? I mean, its so important to yo-"

"I'm sure." The younger replies, eyes heavily focused on me. I shuddered.

At that moment, I didn't know why; but he felt very so familiar. Like everything about him, I once knew, loved, and cherished. I felt a rush of feelings overcoming me, like a deadly sweetness , a déjà vu that I can't comprehend. It was so bizzare it leaves me standing still, unable to talk.

"Yena?" Jimin waves a hand in my line of sight. "Earth to Yena!"

I snapped out of my thoughts. "Oh....here's the ten." I quickly rummaged through my wallet, pulling out the bill.

"There's no need." Yoongi twirls the milky-white candied stick in his mouth, before popping it out. "It isn't even worth jack shit."

Shit? I knew that I picked a completely black box, and it's probably not worth much money, but certainly not...'shit'. They seemed like a menacing group of hot headed boys asking for trouble.

"Well- like he said, it's free. We'll see you later." Jimin shoots a sweet smile at me, almost too sweet. And what did 'see you later' mean?

"Oh...I won't be coming back." I explained apologetically. With that- Jungkook, who was leaning on the counter, shoots me a wry smirk.

"Oh," He gazes at me with heavy lidded eyes.

"Trust me....you will."

......

The road back to my house was painfully tragic.

Thoughts about the earlier events in the game store struck me hard. Rock hard. I couldn't help but recall Jungkook's eyes on me, like a look of hunger. Like a starving tiger about to go hunting. And the constant déjà vu keeps hitting me, causing my mind to whirl into madness.

I felt like I knew him. But where have I met him? If there was such a gorgeous face around town, everybody would flock together. And to be honest, the boys in the store wasn't just good looking, they were strangely enigmatic, and had a mysterious vibe to them. The experience overall was just puzzling, to say the least.

Before I knew it, my feet were already perched on my door, opening it to find absolutely...

Nothing. No decorations, no food, nothing. I'm so screwed.

I flung the black box onto my bed, quickly changing up my clothes fit for the party. The velvet red mini-skirt flowed nicely around my legs, and my heart begins to race. Will Jaegyu like this? I've been crushing on him since forever; and everybody knows, except him.

And then flashbacks of Jungkook fills my mind.

What was I thinking? It wasn't like me to be that affected by a stranger. I shook off the thoughts and proceeded to hang up the decorations, as fast as my hands could handle. It wasn't long before the doorbell rings- and panick settles in.

"Haeri? What are you doing here so early?" I asked as she gives me a tight hug. "The party hasn't started."

"I knew you'd have trouble setting it up. Where's the kitchen?" She flings her shoes to the side, strolling in nonchantly.

"To the left. But it's not like you can cook, Haeri." I folded my arms.

"Touché. But it's not like you have a choice, either. Time is running out and you need me."

She was right. I didn't have time to make any food before Jaegyu and the others arrive, and it's pretty soon. Dread settles into my heart- I was counting on everything for this party to be perfect. It was my first chance with Jaegyu, after all.

It was then when I decided to head back to my room, to look for more decorations. The black box in the corner of my eye grasps my attention, as if it was calling out to me. And I responded.

I hold the box in my hands, heart beating out of place. Yena, it's just a box. I knew, but it unsettled me.

With shaky hands and dreaded heart , I open the box.

A ring. A single ring sits on the velvet rest that wrapped around it, as if it was a monument of importance. Looking closely, there's a label near the ring; reading 'Purity'. The ring itself is platinum gold, with a pink sapphire encrusted in the middle. 'Loveholic' is engraved on the inside.

What the hell? It isn't even a game.

My fingers picked it up slowly, and I studied it carefully. It just seemed like a normal ring, so I slipped it onto my finger, admiring the sight of it on my skin. And for a split second- just for a second, the sapphire seemed to glow a deep blue, before returning to it's normal state. That's strange. I reached to remove it, but it doesn't budge- as if it's morphed into part of my skin.

Unbeknown to me, the moment I put on that ring- the wheels of fate started turning, and my life is set to change forever.

[Edited]

Gosh I was so unsatisfied with myself when writing this! I'll probably come back to edit it again.