chapter 8

Kapa kissed Menju again and said, "let's get cleaned up darling. I brought home a new guard for you, and I want him to meet you."

Menju looked startled a bit. "He wasn't outside just now was he?"

The prince smiled. "I doubt it darling. Maverick wanted to show him around, so I left him with him. If Maverick got his way though the two of them might be doing the same thing."

The princes got cleaned up and dressed again. When they got out into the hallway they saw the new guard sitting down with Maverick leaning up against him. The guy seemed as if he was trying to ignore him no matter what Maverick did. Maverick looked up at them and said, "it's about time you guys got out here. We've been sitting here for about half an hour."

"It wasn't anywhere near that long." The other guard said.

"No one asked you big boy." Maverick said while rubbing his leg.

"That's my guard." Menju said. "He's huge."

"That should make him better suited to protect you darling. You're not really the strongest person around here." Prince Kapa said.

"If you want Menju I've already volunteered to let him pick me up and carry me around, just to see exactly how well he could protect you. I mean if the big guy can carry me all the way to my bed he can do just about anything."

"Maverick, shut up, and get up off him. He probably thinks we're all crazy sex fiends by now with the way you're acting." The prince snapped.

"What exactly do I need such a big guard for?" Menju asked.

"Just whatever." The prince said.

"I'll take him if you don't want him." Maverick said.

"No I'll keep him as a guard. He might come in handy." Menju said.

"You can probably take him with you now to get some rest for the night. There's not much more to do today, and you probably have more to show him." Prince Kapa said.

"Sure thing boss. Come on big boy, you're all mine."

"Does Maverick always act this way around muscle bound men?"

"It depends. If he's got to fight them then no, but if they are on his side then yes. You'll get used to it though."

"Did he do that when you two were together?"

"Sometimes. He don't act that way if he's not horny though."

"Think he's gay?"

"If he is, he doesn't seem to like Maverick much." The prince replied.

.......

Maverick spent the rest of the day with the new guard, and the next morning the two were waiting outside the prince's room. When prince Kapa finally opened the door Maverick said, "the king wants to see you downstairs. Bring Menju cause the preacher's here."

The four of them made their way down to the king's conference room, where the king, the preacher and Gabe were all waiting. When the new guard walked into the room Gabe gasped in shock. "What are you doing here Arjic?"

"Working." The guard replied.

"Oh you know my husband's new guard?" The prince asked, barely able to contain a smile.

"I've seen him around before. It's nice to see you again though Arjic."

"Can't say the same." He replied.

"Way to go big boy." Maverick said, which got him elbowed by prince Kapa.

"If you all are done, then we'll get down to business," The king said. "I've brought the preacher here because I've heard serious accusations of infidelity in my son's relationship, and thought that this should ultimately end in termination of the marriage."