Chapter 22 : Confessions

"Good afternoon kids...Mrs.Torres" said Mr. Bradford welcoming us and pointing to the empty seats in his office.

"Did you find any prove against the note?" He asked.

"I did." Spoke Shane in great confidence. I couldn't even handle looking at him. I was so disgusted and shocked. Yet, I don't know who to believe.

But he promised. Are they all empty promises?

I'll have to ask him directly after getting the note problem done with.
My thoughts took over me that I wasn't even listening to Shane and Mr. Bradford talking.
I snapped out of the thoughts and concentrated on Shane's natural blushed cheeks. They were adorable.
Wait what? No. Focus Mitchie.
"So as I was saying, Tess has some long history with both of us. I promise I can prove her wrong. But it would take a couple of days, and we will have to be here to show you. Trust me I know exactly how to do this." Shane begged as Mr. Bradford thought deeply.
"Hmm I don't know about that Shane. It's from the camp policies that any expelled camper can not join us again if and only if they had prove." Spoke Mr. Bradford flipping camp pages with glasses leaning on the tip of his nose, which is found kind of funny.
"Please Mr. Bradford you really don't know what leaving camp means to me. You need to help us out." I begged.
"I'm sorry...." He apologised looking up.
"Okay then. Give me one day. Only 24 hours. Please. I promise I can prove Tess wrong." Completed Shane.
"Fine. You have only 24 hours starting from now. You are aware that we are breaking camp rules, but I'm doing this because I like you kids and Mrs. Torres." He smiled to us.
I chuckled. Awww!
-------------------------------------------
We all went to see the others. We hugged and spoke a bit. After a while I saw Shane leave and walk out the hub.
I looked at him from the window. He was walking to the lake and picking up rocks whilst he threw them away in the steady water.
He didn't seem alright. Should I talk to him? But like, he did a lot to hurt me already. Why should I comfort him?
After arguing with my conscience I finally decided to go speak to him.
------------------------------------
"What is your plan?" I asked Shane crossing my arms together because of the breezy wind.
He didn't look at me. He continued throwing little rocks as far as possible into the lake.
"I've got it all under control" he said stiffly. What's wrong with him?
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"Why bother." He snapped.
"Because I care?" I said placing a hand on his shoulder.
"If you really do mitchie, then you wouldn't walk around camp spreading lies about me. You just broke our promises." He said moving away.
"I what? Why isn't it you who made me shed a million tears when my dad passed away. You planned it all. I wanted to make this month the best of my life, and you just ruined it Shane." I said as tears rolled down my cheeks.
I stopped looking back at me. "I don't get it."
"See. You act all oblivious. If you want I play like that then I'm leaving. This was all a waste of time. You were my biggest mistake." I spoke. I regretted every single word. I really do like Shane. Though he's being such an idiot.
"Wait Mitch." He ran to me.
"Let me go." I cried more than ever looking at him.
"No listen." He whispered calming me down.
"To?" I asked wiping my tears.
"Listen" he smiled. "Do you hear these birds singing?"
"Yeah." I sniffed.
"These are the same birds that sang above us last year and the year before. These are the birds that will sing above us every year just like that." He smiled.
"Maybe we need to talk." I said.
He hugged me tight. This is perfect.
---------------------------------------
Shane's POV:
I walked into the hub were Tess was in there alone.
"Hey." I smiled. I'm sure my plan will work. I'll get mitchie back here in no time.
"Shane?" She smirked fixing her hair. This is so pathetic.
"Shane I've wanted to tell you something for so long." She softly said walking closer to me.
"I liked you ever since I saw you on TV two years ago. When you came to camp first year, I tried so hard to tell you, but you were always around with mitchie. She doesn't even like you. Today she was telling everyone that you wanted brown to die because you wanted to take over the administration after her passed away before your brothers did. I defended you. I really did. I'm sorry you got kicked out of camp. It was all a set up. I planned it all. Soon once mitchie is gone, we can be together." She ended after a long boring speech.
She leaned closer and closer until I pushed her away.
"Don't you ever feel ashamed of your self?" I said with disgust in my eyes.
"B-but I like you." She stuttered.
"I don't like people who walk around breaking hearts of others." I spoke.
I walked to the table across the room and picked up the hidden camera I put there earlier. I have all the prove I need.
"So long." I said slamming the door shut.
---------------------------------------
Mitchie's POV
"Oh my god!" I screamed jumping to Shane's arms after Mr. Bradford told us that we can come back to camp.
"How did you do that? Tell me!!" I shouted excitedly.
Shane laughed "Well I told you I keep promises." He winked.
"No seriously tell me what happened" I laughed.
"I can show you better than I can tell you." He grinned pulling me into the boys hub.
"Were are we going?" I asked.
"To show you prove." He laughed.
"Okay?" I laughed in confusion.
--------------------------------------
"Oh my god. I can't believe you set a camera on her dude!" Laughed Nate playing with Dana's hair.
"Yeah. What had got into you?" Said Jason.
"At least we are back." I defended Shane.
He looked at me and smiled.
The door soon slammed open revealing an angry Tess.
"You thought you can get me kicked out easily didn't you mitchie?" She smirked putting one hand on her hip.
"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows.
She started clapping like a freak. "Bravo Shane, I never knew you were that smart." She laughed. "I know the rules say that I should get kicked out now, but I think you forgot who my mom was."
"What will she do." I laughed sarcastically.
"Oh shut up mitchie. Every one remembers what you did first year. How you lied about who you were. You hid you're identity. You are still the same stupid person, and we all know that.
"Don't let me tackle you to her ground and rip these extensions off your head." I snapped getting up my seat as tears started to form in my eyes.
"I'll watch you do that" she raised her eyebrows.
I ran to her until I was so close but I was pulled back by a strong force.
"Stop." Said Shane. "Stop it. Tess leave. Mitchie sit." He ordered.
"Yeah yeah. Save your girlfriend now. I'll watch you both survive till the last day of camp." She turned around and left.
______________________________
Hey there guys!! I miss you all! It was a tough week at school. IGCSE is killing me already!! We get 2 or more exams every single day. I tried to make this update as long as possible to keep you guys hanging till next Thursday. Maybe if Yara is free by tomorrow then she can update. Do you like what's going on till now though? Do you want us to write more chapters or end it soon? Tell us in the comments.
Love, #DanaBJ# (Dana) xxx