;In the middle of a gun fight | Mafia AU | (2/3)

Start from the beginning

I continue observing the man slowly waking up and notice Frank's silence. Letting go of the blinds, I turn to look at him and he's now really close, just a few inches away.

"Interessante." He says before blowing smoke on my face.

"E-Ehi!" I say coughing. "Don't do that-"

"I like your way of thinking. Brilliant." He nods with a small side smile. "I was wasting time in no recruiting you."

"Psh, I just think." I say tapping my index finger against my temple, leaning forward.

"You're implying I don't?" He asks also leaning closer.

"I'm affirming it with assurance." I smirk. He lets out a breathy chuckle. "And won't you tell your men to do as said?" I ask straightening myself.

"Wentz!" Frank practically yells. Wentz walks in and approaches Frank, who explains him all the plan. "Understood?"

"." Wentz nods and looks at me from the corner of his eye, narrowing his eyes at me in a suspicious manner - I don't hesitate in returning with a look as bad as his. He jumps slightly when Frank clears his throat loudly and walks out of the room.

Scoffing, I return to observing the tied man on the other room as I feel Frank's gaze on me.

.

"Così vedi everything went well the way I said." I say taking off my gloves and leaving them inside the pockets of my coat that hangs on the rack by the front door.

"Infatti." Frank agrees giving me his coat which I hang beside mine. "You seem to know a lot about things like this." He comments.

"Well," I breathe walking to the kitchen as he follows close behind, "I couldn't keep stealing the whole time and everything, right? Let's say that... I cooperated with some people sometimes and also had to persuade people into giving me things," Or better, threaten to leak information about them if they didn't give me what I wanted, "and I gained experience."

"So you're not new on the crime world?" He asks. I shake my head in response, moving to fill a kettle with water. "It's something to expect. I mean, as you explained, you also needed other resources. Fortunately, now you don't." He says and I take a quick look at his smirking face as he leans against the counter.

"Fortunatamente." I say grabbing two cups and a jar. I put tree spoons of the powder in each cup and wait for the water to boil.

Just the soft sound of the water heating up fill the ambient as we stand there, in silence. The quiet house is found on this state because of the time - it's already late; it's so late that it's almost early. All the other 'workers' - including maids and his men - are either off to their own houses/rooms or dealing with the business that doesn't stop even at night. I feel a small guilt for not being able to get Miles his cake since I was out until after his bedtime. 

I finish preparing the two cups of cappuccino and get the cups in hands, nodding towards the living room. We head towards there and sit down on the couch, when I hand Frank his cup.

We just sit there, silently drinking the coffee. And with silence, it's easy for thoughts begins filling your mind. - It's truly incredible the way I'm much better than I was and there's still richer people. And there's still people richer than Frank and so it goes. There'll always be someone better than you in something-

"Sei stanca?" Frank asks, interrupting my train of thoughts.

"Nah." I shake my head lightly, taking the last sip of the drink before placing the empty cup over the coffee table. "I'm just..." I lean back against the couch, "thinking."