"What am I looking for?" Scott asked. He entered the basement alone as Brooke and Derek remained at the top of the steps.

"Follow your senses," Derek answered.

"What happened down here?"

Brooke looked down into the basement with sad eyes. "The kind of thing that leaves an impression."

Scott bent down in front of an empty freezer, fingers touching the unlocked lock. Derek entered the basement, but Brooke stayed upstairs, not wanting to see the nail scratches on the inside of the freezer again.

"Open it," Derek commanded. Scott did so, gathering what the freezer had been used for.

"This is why he said yes to you," Scott realized.

"Everyone wants power," Derek answered with a shrug.

Brooke's phone went off, and she pulled it out to see Stiles calling her.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Where are you?" Stiles asked quickly.

"I'm at Isaac's house with Scott and Derek, why?"

"Allison just saw a hunter leave her house dressed as a deputy. He was carrying a box with Wolfsbane on the side."

"Shit," Brooke cursed, running a hand through her hair. "Okay, um, I'll try and get them to hurry."

"Allison is going to try and slow him down. I'm on my way to the police station," Stiles told her. She could hear the sound of another car honking at him.

"Okay, can you swing by here first?" Brooke asked. 

"Yeah," Stiles answered. "Of course. Wait, does that mean Derek's coming?"

"Yes. Just please, please stay safe."

On the other side of the phone, Stiles gulped at the emotion in her voice. "You too."

Brooke quickly ended the call and turned back towards the basement. She made it halfway down the stairs before she overheard the argument between the two werewolves.

"And you're the idiot dating Argent's daughter!" Scott looked at him in surprise, and then to Brooke with betrayal. "She didn't have to tell me. You aren't too good at hiding your secrets. How long do you think it's going to take them to find out? You saw what happens to an omega. With me, you learn how to use all of your senses. With me you learn control—even on a full moon."

"If I'm with you—I lose her," Scott said.

Brooke spoke up from her spot on the stairs. "You're gonna lose her anyway, Scott. Derek, we need to go."

The Alpha looked at her and nodded, beginning to walk away before Scott stopped him.

"Wait," he called. "I'm not part of your pack, but I want him out. He's my responsibility too."

"Why? Because he's one of us?" Derek asked.

"No, because he's innocent," Scott responded.

"While that's really honorable, Scott, we need to leave. Like, now," Brooke ushered the two werewolves up the stairs.

As the cousins were making their way out of the Lahey house, Scott grabbed onto Brooke's shoulder.

"What?" she asked.

"If I'm going to lose Allison, what does that mean for you and Stiles?" Scott asked. Brooke looked at the floor momentarily and then back at him.

"There's nothing to lose," she said simply, pulling her shoulder out of his grasp and walking away. Scott watched her do so, pretending he didn't hear her heart skip as she lied.