Chapter One

Flashback
Pain was all she felt when she caught her bestfriend in bed with her boyfriend.
She cried till she couldn't tell if her eyes was still intact with her body.
Alcohol was what made the pain go away. Even if it was for only a while.

Sapphire Grey tilted the glass and allowed the strong liquid to slide its way down her throat and winced as it rewarded her stomach with a burning sensation.
She wanted to forget the sight of what she just walked in on.

How could they do this to me?
She was so devastated she couldn't  think straight.

She raised her hand to signal the bartender that she wanted another drink.

"Miss don't you think you've had enough?" The bartender said in concern.

"Don't tell me when I've had enough", she slurred and got up from the counter and stumbled towards the bathroom.

She walked up to the basin and splashed her face with water.
Slowly, she lifted her head and looked at her reflection in the mirror.
Her dark hair was tangled and hung untidily down her back. Her face was stained with tears and her clothes looked unkept.

The girl staring back at her was unknown to her. She didn't know where this girl came from. Shame was what she felt. She screamed out loud in frustration and stumbled her way out of the bathroom and out of the bar and into the falling rain drops.

She had no idea where she was going but she kept moving. She walked until her feet ached.

Then she stopped. She took in her surroundings through her blurred eyes.

She was standing in the center of the community park. She walked to the seat and placed her head in her hands and cried.

She cried at the fact that the two people she trusted betrayed her. She cried because she allowed herself to be vulnerable to be treated that way. She cried away her agony.

That was the night she made a vowed she would never allow herself to be hurt again.

With the little courage she had left she got up and walked to her apartment.

End Of Flashback
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bringggggg! Bringgggg!
The alarm rang waking Sapphire from her beauty sleep.

Groaning, she rolled out of bed and went directly to the bathroom to perform her morning duties.

What to wear?
She mused as she stood in front of her closet.
She took out a white sleeveless blouse and a cream high waist knee length skirt and a pair of black three inches heels to complete her look.

She stood and looked at her appearance in the mirror.
She liked the woman she became. She's no longer the vulnerable girl three years ago in college.
She smiled at her reflection as she put her hair in a ponytail and took up her handbag and rushed out to her car.

She felt brand new walking through the doors of her workplace, Women Galore.
She was the Model Director of the company.

"Good Morning Miss Grey", her assistant Nera greeted her with a smile and her coffee as she stepped into her office.

"Thank goodness, what would I do without you?" Sapphire said with a smile as she took the creamy God sent gift from Nera's hands.