Chapter Fifteen

En başından başla

Suddenly, his brows furrowed in apprehension. It's been months of training; approximately six and a half month precisely, remained until the arrival of the androids and he was yet to achieve the legendary transformation. At this rate, he would never be fully prepare to face the anticipated threat and prove his worth. His hands tightened on the fabric of her dress as he studied her in distaste. She was the reason behind his delay and the only one to be blame for distracting him. An unsettling feeling welled up within his gut as his eyes met a familiar pair of sky blue orbs.

"Do you need anything, Vegeta?" She wiggled upward into a sitting position; half awake as she rubbed her eyelids lazily. He simply retrieved his hand from its previous position on her belly and took a few steps back, maintaining appropriate distance between them.

Silence.

Fully conscious, she shot a quick glance at the clock hanging on the wall and noticed it was lunch time. Crap, she'd forgot to make lunch and the worst part was that Panchy wasn't even home to help.

"I guess you want lunch, right?" She questioned, sliding her feet into comfortable blue slippers.

Silence again.

"I'll get you something to eat in no time!" She continued absentmindedly, standing up cautiously so as not to bump her tummy against the coffee table.

"Woman! You should rest!" He declared calmly and her head snapped in his direction, eyes skewed in shock.

"What?!"

"You heard me!"

"B-but you must be hungry, right?!" She arched an eyebrow at the expressionless man.

He shrugged taking in her fatigue; "Just order some of those junk food you appreciate so much!"

"Eh? You mean fast food?"

"Whatever!" His arms folded in nonchalance over his torse as he twirl around to leave.

"Wait! Where are you going?"

"To train obviously! Call me when lunch is ready!" He didn't even spare her a second glance, and left in a grumpy mood. She blinked several time in confusion, left wondering what could possibly be wrong with him.

-Staying on earth had been his choice. Leaving as well would remained his decision alone. Earlier, during his workouts, as realization seared through him, he began to acknowledged the certitude that he'd neglected his training. Had he not been seduced by that dense woman, he'd already surpass his limits. The frustration was tormenting, even to him it had been overwhelming, and this was when he came up with the idea. If he desired to become stronger, he had to forsake the comfort offered to him by earth's distractions. He needed to set out on space, far from here, where he could train, destroy and cross his boundaries without any restrictions, and without the earth's woman holding him back.

Absurd as it may seemed, his decision was made. He'd quit training promptly, after lunch that day and had secretly packed a few items that he may need. It wouldn't be a very long journey and he'd alerted Dr. Brief of the food supplies indispensable for his trip. Not to mention that he'd strictly warned the man not to notify his daughter for he knew, she'd stopped him from leaving and he wasn't sure he had what it took to deny any of her request at the moment. He was resolved to leave the next day in the middle of the night, when she was slumbering.

Standing outside of the capsule, he gave one meaningful look at the man seeking him off. Despite the old man's attempt to reasoned the young man, he refused to listen, for his decision was made.