Outside View

With the Octarians and Inklings located, the humans were all that were left. While Axel perfected and mass produced the headset to combat sanitation, the Agents, Colt, Edge, and Shelly were on a mission of their own, and it was proving to be far outside the scale of their ability.

Because Axel was busy building, he gave the agents everything he could. Marie was equipped with his visor and the Sput Shot, Callie had the ARC, and Edge had the Reaper. Agent 3, 4, and Shelly and Colt had their normal gear, however. They were combating several of the giant machines, like the one Axel had destroyed. Edge was everyone's only hope, because of the Reapers special. Nothing else could damage the pilot, save for a Sting Ray or Killer Wail, which no one had.

It was not a winning fight. Edge was unable to use the Reaper as well as Axel, because he was lighter, and kept being propelled into walls.

Suddenly, a loud crack was heard. The one thing the machines were made to bet on, was that humans were long gone. But there were several, standing further behind the agents, seemingly also hunting their missing fellow humans. The lead human had a devastating shotgun, grenade launcher, and an axe. The one to his left had a long barreled rifle, which was drawn, as well as a pair of handguns. And the one to his right had a special cutting tool, and several weird pods on his belt, as well as a wrench and a form of taser, but larger.

"You looking for backup?" The lead human joked.

"Can't say we don't welcome it!" Colt yelled back. The front machine had locked up, the pilot had been shot through the window. Agent 3 superjumped at it, to knock it over to act as a barrier.

"Love the backup, but where did you spring from?" She asked.

Loud banging was heard.

"We were sent in a rescue mission. We heard the fighting, and hurried over. The other teams should be on their way." The lead human said.

"Should we wait or..." Callie asked.

"No point. Every second we waste the other humans are being condemmed to lord knows what." The lead human said.

"By the way, didn't catch your name?" Agent 4 piped up.

"Ah, my bad." The lead human replied. "I'm Jako, and these two are Brian and Rey." He said.

"Cool." Agent 3 said. "I'm 3, he's 4, they are Callie and Marie, and those clowns are Edge, Colt, and Shelly."

"I am hurt by that." Colt joked.

"Shame." Said agent 3.

"Let's go guys. C'mon." Marie said.

"Pardon me, miss Marie." Jako said. "But isn't that Axel's headgear?"

"It is." Marie said. "He's making a cure to some disease while we do this."

"Hmm." Said Brian. "Sure."

The banging stopped. The blockade was down.

Edge however, was ready. He used the special, and all the remaining pilots were splatted instantly.

"Axel made a monster out of this..." He thought to himself.

The agents, and their new companions continued.

After a short while, they found something... Unpleasant.

"That's an octostomp..." Marie said.

"Killed one before." Both agent 3 and 4 said.

This time was different however...

The octostomp growled, and put on some form of coat.

"He did that for me..." Agent 4 said. "Just kill that buckle and we got him."