Deals

"Are you sure?" I yelled out to Luca as he got his horse ready for a ride.

"Yeah mum, I'll be back soon."

"Okay baby, be safe."

He rode off on his little pony and I walked inside to make myself a tea.

"Did he go?" Pete asked, as he sat at the table feeding Kendall her porridge.

"Yeah babe."

"So as soon as my little princess goes down, we're basically alone?" He asked, grinning and putting his hands over Kendall's eyes to try make her sleep whereas she just laughed.

I smiled and he laughed at her,
"Go to sleep Kenny, daddy's gotta go do some work for mumma."

I laughed and she giggled too, having no idea what for though.

He laid her back in her crib and tip toed out of her room.

I was already laying in bed when a Ute pulled up outside.

"Pete." I groaned & he looked out the window.

"Hold on." He said, waiting for them to get out of the car so we could see who it was.

"Oh shit Kales." He said & I got up to look out the window too.

"No way."

Jake and Chloe got out of the first Ute & another Ute had Pete's parents in it with Jakes parents.

"Is she..?" I asked, but Pete interrupted me once we both seen Chloe.

"Pregnant? Yep looks like it." He answered, looking down at me.

"Jakes you reckon?" I asked him.

"Jesus I hope not." He answered, running his fingers through his hair.

"What are they doing here Pete?"

"Baby how would I know? I didn't even know mum was coming."

"Should we answer the door?" I whispered, watching them approach it.

"I don't know. I don't really wanna see them."

"Well me neither, but your mums out there too with your dad."

"I'll text her and tell them to come back later without the preggo and psycho people."

"I'm preggo?"

"Yeah but you're hot & pregnant. She's just pregnant."

I rolled my eyes smiling & sighed.

"I guess we better get out of bed?" I said with a sad tone, looking over Pete's shirtless ripped body.

"This sucks." He groaned, throwing a shirt on to answer the door.

I put a dress on over my bump and we opened the door to greet them.

"Well this is a..." Pete started and Jake cut him off.

"A pleasant surprise?" Jake laughed, rubbing Chloe's stomach.

"No, just a surprise." Pete grinned, looking down at me as I stood there silently.

"Look at us, sisters pregnant at the same time Kali." Chloe laughed, rubbing her stomach all over.

"Oh right sorry, congratulations guys." I said, and she smiled.

"thank you so very much. We're pretty excited aren't we honey bun?" She whispered to Jake & we cringed.

"Sure am lollipop."

"Oh god." Pete groaned and I flicked his hand for him to be quiet.

"So you'll be on number three for this one Kali?"

"Yeah, another little boy."

"Oh how exciting, we're having a girl."

"Oh that's lovely. Would you like to come in?"

"Sure, thanks."

They all walked inside & we sat around the table.

"So is there a reason you all drove out this far to see us?" Pete said, getting straight to the point.

"Actually yes." Jake answered, putting his arm around Chloe's chair.

"We would like to go partners with you in your cattle farm out here."

"What? That's bloody ridiculous." Pete laughed & I was equally as confused.

"I'm sorry, why?" I asked them.

"We've taken an interest to the property & we think we'd like to relocate to here."

"You've gotta be kidding me."

"I can assure you I'm not Pete."

"Well then you must be an idiot."

"Pete." I whispered, grabbing his hand under the table.

"What did you think was gonna happen? I was gonna give you part of my land?"

"Well, yes."

"That has gotta be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I don't trust, nor do I like either of you, so why in hell would I wanna go into business with you?"

"Because we're family Pete."

"No. This isn't happening, I'm almost certain you pair are kidding about this."

"We're not. Look we know we've had our issues in the past, but think how this could help your family financially?"

"Do not bring my family into this, we're more than okay financially."

"Cousins could share the land."

"My kids are getting all this land. I'll be damned if I let someone else's kid take that away from them."

At that moment I seen Luca trotting up on his horse & I told Pete he was coming.

He got up and walked outside to wait for him at the front door.

I seen Luca wave at him & Chloe sighed.

"3 million Kali. That's our offer." She said, pushing forward the contract.

"I'm sorry, but I stand by my husband on this one." I got up & joined my boys outside when they stormed out.

"You bloody wanker." Jake yelled, storming out of the house.

"Grab him." Pete said, getting Luca off the horse and making us move away from him.

"Jake stop!" Chloe yelled & I sighed.

Not this again.

Pete smashes his fist straight against Jakes cheek and he fell backwards, when Jakes dad got between them.

"Get off my damn property!" Pete yelled, grabbing Luca and walking inside.

I rubbed my forehead & gave everyone one last look before I followed them inside too.

Kendall began to cry & Pete groaned.

"I'll get her." I said & he shook his head.

"You sit down bub."

I did as he said, and within minutes I was asleep on the couch.