I was having my internal battle when Chris tapped my shoulder, "Emerald!"

Callum's hand was extended infront of me and I blushed a little before realising I have to shake it. I guess Chris introduced me. "And this is Amber," Callum went on to do the same for Amber.

"They just arrived yesterday and hence weren't here for orientation. However they are very nice and I am sure you guys will get along really well." Chris was really enthusiastic and I could feel waves of energy rippling off of him. I think he might like Callum too given that he is gay. I scowled at the thought.

"Okay then see you guys later," Callum waved and proceeded up the stairs. Satisfaction dawn on me as I realised that atleast I made a start. Now Callum knows there's someone out here called Emerald. "Why you had such a serious face when Callum was talking to us Emerald?" Amber queried as we settled on one of the benches.

"Hahahaha! No Amber," I wrap my arm around hers, "I just didn't know how to react to this much nearness," I paused not knowing how to proceed.

"You are not so romantic, are you Emerald?" Chris quipped as I gave him a disapproving look. "You are overanalyzing things again Chris," I pouted as both of them laughed heartily at my situation. I really like to read romantic novels and watch these kind of films but I really can't get my own love story started.

Out of the blue, we heard someone clearing his throat and our heads shot up. "Callum," we said simultaneously.  "I was thinking..... Do you like coffee?" His question was directed to me. For a moment I wasn't able to form a coherent sentence. Is this real? I blinked a few times to make sure I am not dreaming. However this is for real and I really don't want to mess my chance.

I beamed my brightest smile ever, "I love coffee."

"So..... shall we?" Callum was nervous. He was tapping his feet impatiently on the concrete ground and beads of perspiration was forming on his forehead drenching his hair a tad bit. I nodded and stood up. He got no reason to feel this way. I was already his. I felt heat rise to my face again at my thoughts. Goodness! I am going crazy.

My knees felt weak as I stepped besides Callum and I could just hope I don't fall and embarrass myself. I waved at Amber and Chris as they smiled knowingly in my direction and Amber winked. I rolled my eyes at them as we made our way to the cafeteria found in the school compound.

I felt my uniform start pricking me on my thighs as I walked by Callum's side. I must be sweating like a pig and to top it off he was completely silent. Please do something to make this awkwardness disappear!

Unfortunately, he didn't utter a single word and we already took our coffee from the counter and sauntered to one of the tables. I couldn't breathe through the tension surrounding us. Is this how a date should be? Are we even on a date? Thoughts flooded my mind as I brought my cup of coffee to my lips. We should have been having a flowing conversation. Doesn't he want to know anything about me?

I felt bad that he was completely silent. "It was nice meeting you Emerald," he smiled as I looked at him over the rim of my cup. I heaved a silent sigh of relief. Finally!

"Uhh..... same Callum," I fiddled with the handle as now he takes a sip of his coffee. So much for starting a proper conversation. I was growing really impatient.

"There's a special reason I wanted to have coffee with you," he looked expectantly at me as I focused on him. He smiled sheepishly scratching the back of his head.

I rose a brow in his direction a grin on my face. Is he going to ask me to be his girlfriend? Is it too quick? "I am all ears" my voice was low and I strained my ears to hear him properly.

However before he could continue, my eyesight was blocked by someones hand from behind me. Two large hands were pressed against my spectacles as I felt a hot breath fanning my neck. Goodness who is this insolent person breaking my moment with Callum?

"Surprise Darling," the person whispered pressing his lips to my ear. A shiver went down my spine as I struggled to free myself. My dark green eyes was met with silvery grey ones. A smirk played on his pink lips.

Since when did Zachary get so handsome. The school uniform fitted him better than Callum. I was busy checking him out but then I remembered Callum was saying something. My eyes roamed on his seat and to my disappointment, Callum was gone. He was nowhere to be seen. A little bit of me died inside. I was so sad I couldn't talk with him for a while longer. It didn't take much time for the sadness to turn to anger as Zachary replaced Callum infront of me.

"Do you realise you just interrupted me?" I fired at him my hand turning to fist to contain my anger.

He grinned at me taking hold of my coffee cup and taking a sip, "I did?" He asked innocently. I shook my head at him. Its useless fighting with him. I just lost a chance with Callum. I don't know what he must be thinking about me and my relationship with Zachary.

Talking about Zachary, HE IS HERE IN RUTHERFORD! That needs my attention right now. "How did you find me?" My eyes turn to slits trying to find if I left any clue.

"You are my mate Emerald! Your love brought me here like a metal getting pulled to a magnet. Trust me, it was that strong," he smirked as I rolled my eyes.

Of course he was not going to tell me the truth of how he found me. I suddenly felt like crying. Nothing is going right. I felt my eyes water. So many questions swirled in my mind.

Zachary is here. Will I have to go back now? I am not ready to leave........

Neither Rutherford college nor Callum!

~~~~~~~~•

Another update guys!

Zachary is back. 😏😏

It is going to be a rough stay at Rutherford with all that temper and smugness in the air along with chemicals.

If you liked the chapter, don't forget to vote, comment and share. Love you guys! Happy reading!