Chapter 19

"How did you-?" I stammered my head whipping between Aldren and my completely healed arm. "How did you do that?" 

"I told you I was good at that stuff." Aldren explained. He let go of my arm, and half turned towards Edward. 

"Yeah, but I didn't think you meant it like this?" I breathed. "How is it even possible? There's not even a scar. It's like I was never hurt."

Aldren turned back towards me, a faint smile on his lips. "I'm a healer."

"The healer in my village, Meredith, she can't do that." I frowned, remembering when I cut my hand on Uncles' scythe. 

"Thats' becuase I'm not a normal healer. I'm a healer. Very few people are blessed with the gift nowadays. The numbers faded when Isengard captured the throne. He killed most of the healers who opposed him. The ones who helped the resistance. Those who remained were forced to join with him or be killed." Aldren explained, his voice stormy. "Now those with the gift of healing are scared to use it. There must be many who have the gift but keep it hidden in fear of Isengard. The waste is a tragedy."

"That's terrible." I managed, my eyes wide.

"Indeed it is." He nodded.

"Wait. You use your gift?" Frowning, at Aldren.

"True. But that is because I am in the resistance. I am careful about how I use my power." Aldren said. 

My pulse skipped up a step. "The resistance. Its still alive. I thought they were crushed when Isengard took the throne." 

"That is not true. The resistance lives and we are a part of it." Edward spoke up, striding forward with Rivildor and brown hair moving with him. 

"Your part of the resistance." I gaped.

"Yes Lyra." 

Then the armour is just a disguise. 

I turned and saw Eridor sitting up, looking intently at Edward.

"Yes, Argumir." Edward nodded respectfully towards Eridor. "I am the commander of the Resistances' army and Aldren is my right hand man. Fealdor and Erthor are my best soldiers and my closest friends."

"Why are you here then? Shouldn't you be at the resistance?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"We were actually here on a assignment. To find Eridors egg, and if we could, Narkul and the elf child." 

"Wait a minute. How did you know that Eridors egg was here."

"We had a tip-off from a very powerful man in the resistance. He has very powerful magic that picked up on Eridors egg." Edward explained. 

Who is he?

"I'm sorry but that is classified information, Argumir. He will introduce himself to you if he sees fit to do so, when we reach the resistance." Rivildor said apologetically. 

"Wait a second! I'm not going to the resistance!" I exclaimed, glancing back at Eridor.

"You must!" Edward stepped forward. "We have been waiting for you for over a century. You and Eridor are the only ones who can defeat Isengard!"

My eyes widened. "You want us to kill Isengard!" 

"Of course. A rider is the only ones who is strong enough to kill him." Aldren spoke slowly, watching my face go from shocked to horrified. 

"Well, what about his dragon!" I shouted, throwing my hands up into the air.

They all stared at me with blank faces, and I could feel Rivildors shock leaking into me through he bond.