49•Epilogue Part 1 of 2

Start from the beginning

"I'll be in the basement with pops." I leaned in and pecked her lips a few times. "Ok." She pulled away from me giving my dad her attention. "Hey old man."

He laughed. "Hey daughter." They embraced each other. He roughed the top of Arians head making her scrunch her face.
They made their way to the kitchen and I got the bags upstairs meeting pops in the basement.

"Talk to me son. What's on your mind?" He was seated on the sofa in front of the television. I breathed out roughly taking a seat next to him. "I think Rai's pregnant again."

"Oh." He raised his brows cautiously, waiting on me to proceed. "About three weeks ago she was leaving for work at her production company. Before she left I could tell she had been crying...

(****Flashback to three weeks ago****)

"Babe your green shake is on the counter. Don't forget I'm coming by today for lunch." I caught her coming into the kitchen. She had her bag, phone and keys in hands.

"Thank you." She walked over to the counter and picked up her shake before walking over to me. I watched her, she had been acting a little off all week. I knew asking her about it would lead to her saying it's nothing.

I placed my hands on both sides of her face planting soft kisses all over it. "I love you baby."

"I love you too." She gave me a little smile, with her puffy face and red eyes. I held her face looking it over, tears were fighting to come out. I'll just have to look into it first before I ask her about it. So I can figure out a way to approach her with it.

She removed my hands turning away a little. "I gotta' go, I'm meeting with the writers today, for the first read. This script is so amazing babe. We have a few changes to discuss, but its fire."

I could only nod my head to her. "I'll call you later for lunch. I'll have some time before I have to get with the casting director."

"Ok." I kissed her again before she headed outside. The weather in New York had picked up a little. So that key start feature on her brand new Benz came in handy.

I walked up to the door looking out the window making sure she got out the drive way ok. Seeing she did, I turned away heading straight to our master bedroom. I searched around looking for anything that would help me to understand what was going on with her. I came up empty.

I went to the bathroom surveying it. Nothing out of the ordinary appeared to me. So I dug in the trash can taking everything out.

In my hands I held a stick object wrapped up in tissue. I sat down on the bathroom floor and unwrapped it. In it I found a pregnancy test, that read positive.

"Fuck." I mumbled to myself, wrapping the test back into the tissue then cleaned the trash up from the floor. I stood in front of the sink looking into the mirror for a second before washing my hands.

(****Flashback over****)

"So you didn't ask her about it at all yet?" My dad furrowed his brows. I shook my head. "I plan to."

"She needs you." He quickly replied.

"I know, but it's hard when we've already been through three miscarriages. It's almost like I'm waiting on it to happen again."

"She need to go to the doctor for prenatal care. Is she taking any vitamins?" He went on to say. I knew talking to him about this was best because he and mom went through the very same thing. She wasn't able to have children after me.

"She's been taking prenatal vitamins since our first miscarriage two years ago. Along with monitoring her health, eating healthy and working out regularly. She's been doing everything right. —I'll talk to her while we're here. I can't let another week go by."