41•DNA

Six months later...

Adrian and I are closer than ever, and also my brother as well. We've all been partying and living it up every chance we got. Adrian ended up getting a year lease on a condo in DC. So we stay there when he's in town, which is more than he's home.

In between traveling back and forth Adrian and I have been doing some traveling of our own. This summer we went to Colorado, to the Mountains. We also went to Jersey for Adrians business trip and a few other places not too far from Atlanta.

The wedding is three months away. Leah and Mikey decided on a winter wonderland theme since it's in December. I was so excited. Everything was locked in. We just have one last fitting and the pre-wedding festivities to finish planning for. It wasn't stressful at all. Leah has a niche for this sort of thing. I know who to call for my wedding.

Oh, and let me not forget Adrian went all out for my nineteenth birthday in July. He missed my eighteenth last summer in Nairobi so he really wanted to do something special. He gave me his own rendition of a surprise party. I had people I knew from high school, my new friends in college, and everyone else I knew close to me was there. He had it on the rooftop of this amazing restaurant, in Marietta. He surprised me with a pear shaped yellow diamond gold necklace. He also painted me again, and lets just say its one for our eyes only. It's from when I had on a grey tank and shorts, with nipples showing through the fabric. My hair was in its curly state dripping wet and my eyes were low as if I was waiting for him. That man is so talented.

I just made it home a few days ago for my Punkins birthday and we've been having a blast. We were all hungover,— yep you heard that right I got drunk. We all stayed with Mikey and Leah at the house. We rented a bus and went club hopping. We ended the night playing drinking games down in the basement.

I initially asked what Adrian wanted to do for his birthday, he said he just wanted to have fun. So we did. I also surprised him with his very own custom Submariner Rolex with the black dial in stainless steal. He has one in Gold but I wanted him to have one from me. It was a good night but I'm still feeling it two days later.

Adrians at his parents house. I was about to head there. Mikey and Leah was dropping me off. KJ and Xan were at his aunt's house spending time with her.

Adrian's dad received the DNA test back for baby Arian Marie Adams today. Which pissed me off when I was told the name. How dare she name her child after my man. Even though Adrian and his father shared the same name, Adrian Amir Adams, —but still.

Melanie had the baby two months later after everyone found out she was pregnant. She procrastinated on getting the DNA test. So his father Mr. Adams obtained a court order. It was September so the baby was four months old. Mr. Adams was the only one to meet her as of yet. He's been present for the baby trying to do whatever he could as a father. He was there for the birth and everything.

Arriving at Adrians parents house to be there for him as they opened the results, I knocked on the door. Mr. and Mrs. Adams were going through counseling, trying to work on communicating. They're legally separated.

Adrian and his dad are somewhat cordial, he speaks to him only when necessary. This was mainly because his mom asked him to. So its usually all business no personal with them. Adrian couldn't get over the facts of it all and how things were playing out with Melanie. He did however have that civil conversation with him awhile back though. It's obviously not an overnight thing.

Adrian came to the door. He looked a little sad. "Hey Munch. You feeling any better? I told you, you didn't have to come. You get enough rest?" He said while pulling me in, squeezing me

"I feel a lot better than I did earlier and yesterday. I wanted to come. I've been sleeping long enough. It was time to get up." I kissed him before we made our way inside.