viii.

Updates: Tuesdays and Thursdays

WC: 4k

Friends are supposed to be by your side forever, at least, they should be.

"So, what are you studying?" Jordyn asked as they stepped into the elevator, returning to Ellie's room with a blueberry muffin for her.

"Engineering, commercial design, and interior design." Tom said as they stepped out of the elevator on the ICU floor. Jordyn had been gently interrogating Tom as they grabbed food. She saw the way they looked at each other's, if something wasn't happening between them already, she would be happy to bet that something would be happening between them in the near future. "Basically, I am interested in carpentry and furniture design." Tom finished, bringing Jordyn out of her thoughts and back to reality.

"That's cool." Jordyn said as they walked down the hall to Ellie's room. Jordyn could see why Ellie liked him so much, but she didn't know why Ellie couldn't admit it to herself. If only they both open their eyes and see who has been standing right in front of them this whole time.

Tom could see Ellie's gorgeous smile from down the hall. She was talking to the nurse that had come in earlier, and she laughed at something that he said. She looked happy.

"Hey." He said as he and Jordyn entered the small rectangular space. The sun was shining through the undressed window giving the room a happier atmosphere.

A man in a white lab coat had entered the room shortly before Tom and Jordyn had walked in, with short greying hair and kind blue eyes.

"Hey, guys." Ellie said looking at her sister and Tom standing somewhat awkwardly in the door frame. Tom spread a tight smile across his lips as Jordyn took another step into the room.

"Brought you your favorite." She said simply, holing out the blueberry muffin wrapped in saran wrap. Ellie took the muffin gratefully from her sister and started unwrapping it.

"I'm sorry Miss. Smith, you can't eat until we can get another scan done." Dr. Banner said. Ellie slowly put the muffin down on the bed, sending a quick eye roll Tom's way when Dr. Banner wasn't looking. Tom chuckled, shaking his head gently at his friend's antics.

Harrison and SJ walked through the doorway hand in hand with expressions of pure shock on their faces. "You're awake." SJ chocked out, her jaw quite literally on the floor.

"Way to state to obvious." Dante chimed in from a far corner of the room. Tom and Ellie laughed at their friend's still shocked expressions. Harrison's piercing blue eyes were wide as he looked back and forth between Tom, Ellie, and Jordyn.

"I'm her sister." Jordyn explained sensing the utter confusion in Harrison's eyes. Harrison's brows knitted together as he absorbed the new information. "We're both adopted, that's why we look nothing alike." Jordyn continued trying to ease Harrison's confusion.

"It's nice to finally see you again Sara Jane." Jordyn said pulling SJ into a hug.

"It's nice to see you again too, Jordyn." SJ said. She looked to Ellie over Jordyn's shoulder and sighed. SJ hated when people called her Sara, but she loved Jordyn like she was her own older sister, so she let her get away with it.

"Hah, it's Sara Jane." Harrison chuckled. He had been trying to get SJ's full name out of her or Ellie, but they both stayed tight-lipped.

"Call me that ever again and you better hope that you can run faster than me." SJ threated with a cheery smile, the doctors and Jordyn though that it was her just playing around; but the four friends knew that she was dead serious. Harrison knew that SJ could be him in a leg race any day, so he backed off instantly.