Chapter 3

"I heard something I wasn't supposed to."

This morning wasn't the usual one where Chaeyoung will casually enjoy herself at the kitchen with toasted bread and jam, maybe a cereal and a croissant too.

It was the dreaded morning where she doesn't even want to wake up from the disastrous night she just had. Jisoo came knocking at her bedroom door saying that she should eat breakfast since their manager just told her that Chaeyoung needed at the YG building this lunch.

She had no choice but to obey. Chaeyoung headed to the kitchen and their she saw Jennie eating her diet oatmeal along with Lisa and Jisoo who preferred pancakes and bacon. Those two were the closest actually... wherever Lisa is? There will be Jisoo and wherever Jisoo is? There will be Lisa.

"You know you are fucked right?"
Was Jennie's first greet with her pouting co-member. Chaeyoung just nodded her head in defeat as she sat down next to her savage unnie.

She munched the fluffy wheat bread on her plate with teary eyed. Her members already saw the news.

"I'm sorry, I was out of my mind."
Jennie who's already beside her was obliged to comfort the frustrated Park Chaeyoung.

"Hey, it's okay. I just didn't know you have a thing with wide shoulders men— ouch! What was that for?!" Jennie hissed when she got a kicked from Jisoo who only widened her eyes and gestured that Chaeyoung is now crying and it is not the right time to joke around.

"Unnie, Chae doesn't have any fetishes with guys unlike you."
Lalisa her best friend saw how Chaeyoung is becoming uncomfortable with the topic so the intellectual that she always is, Lisa divert the attention to Jennie.

"Yahh!!!"
The human dumpling puffed her cheeks up and glared at their playful maknae who has a grin on her face right now.

"Well it's true, you have a thing with sexy guys not to mention been eyeing BTS Jimin these days I see, after your breakup with the ever sexy EXO Kai?"

"That is so NOT true."
Jennie look offended and very denial at the same time that made Chaeyoung laughed at her cute unnie. Upon witnessing that her mood lighten up, Lisa nudge Jisoo secretly and the three members shared a genuine smile for making Chaeyoung comfortable again.

"She's been eyeing Jimin ever since but always ended up with the rapper one."
Jisoo also joined the teasing and just like everyday's routine, Chaeyoung will only watched the three bicker with a toothy smile on her face. She will laughed if she find it funny too, she will nod if it's agreeable. That's Park Chaeyoung for you.

"Yah! Enough with that. Let's just eat breakfast and don't mention the guy who can't be named."

"Whatever makes you sleep at night, Jennie."

After their breakfast, Lalisa went to her room saying that 'everything will be okay' and Jennie giving her an advice about the dreaded seventh floor, Jisoo who's the oldest of them comforted her by saying, 'whatever the outcome is, they will always be beside her.' And that act made Chaeyoung's anxiety lessen even just for a bit.

Back to the present, the meeting between the two CEOs and two artists has already ended and the decision is final. Park Chaeyoung and Kim Seokjin is officially dating. 

"Do you wanna grab some coffee?"
It wasn't even an invite. It was more like a quest that needed to obey. After all, their CEO just said that they should know more about each other if they wanted the public act to work.

It was a surprise to her when Seokjin told them the truth, well by setting aside his other member of course. He didn't even mentioned any name. It was just him and her who's at fault with this certain scandal.

And she just realized now that he is protecting their maknae.

Then the two CEO agreed to continue the act since both companies will benefit from this dating scandal. Chaeyoung who's preparing for her solo song and BTS with their new comeback. With the news, it will help their marketing sales increase.

This is what Mr. Yang says about the consequence of her mistake. A publicity act.

Chaeyoung woke up from her train of thoughts when she heard Seokjin's phone ringing.

"What do you want now, Jungkook?"
The name of the caller, caught her attention and she is just their standing next to him, staring even.

"Where are you hyung? Are you coming back?"
Now Chaeyoung was hating the fact that she was alone with Seokjin inside the elevator. It was too quiet that she can hear his voice from the other line.

"No, I'm still at YG why?"
Seokjin take a side glance at her and Chaeyoung wast fast to look away, she fished out her phone and pretended to text someone.

"Can I ask you a favor? Suzy's photoshoot is near at YG can you at least buy her some lunch for me? The usual one."
She was froze when she heard a name. Wait what? The supposed text that she'll send to blackpink's group chat in Line was now forgotten.

"Why can't you do it instead? I'm in the middle of something, Jungkook."
Seokjin once again glance at Chaeyoung and right on time the latter look at him too. They stared at each other for a few good seconds before they heard Jungkook speaking again on the other line.

"Oh? Are you on a date with Blackpink's Rosé?"
The girl frowned at this and Seokjin was aware she dislike what she just heard.

"No—"
He isn't still finish talking when Jungkook started whining on the other line.

"Please hyung! I cannot go to her, I'm quite busy and my hands are full with list of things to do."
Seokjin closes his eyes and breathe. This is their leader's fault why does he always need to make Jungkook occupied with things? He knows the dumb bunny always agree on everything he says.

"Fine. Send me her location."
He agreed, rolling his eyes on the process. Jin look at Chaeyoung again and the girl was busy staring at her feet.

"Thanks hyung! You're the best!"
The call ended with Seokjin shaking his head. Chaeyoung look up and stared at him blankly, her mind is still processing the conversation she just heard.

"I-I thought IU sunbae-nim is the one h-he like—"
She was stuttering and as of the moment his voice still lingers in her mind saying a name of a girl. Chaeyoung was beyond baffled, who would've thought right? That the great golden maknae of BTS is already seeing a girl and it's not just an ordinary girl, it's the nation's first love.

"He just says that. Of course, no one wants to know their privacy. It's called media play, Rosie."
Chaeyoung felt the shock of it as if she had been slapped. Why does Seokjin always leave her a remark that will not make her sleep at night?

She can feel her eyes welling with emotions that needed to be shed, and as if Seokjin wasn't still satisfied. He continued talking with the obvious fact that will surely cause her with unwanted insecurities.
"Besides, who wouldn't fall for Suzy Bae? She's a goddess."

Right. Who wouldn't fall in love with Korea's favorite it girl right? Is this why he said, that she isn't Jungkook's type at all? Damn it.

The elevator stops at the ground floor, Seokjin was supposed to walk out alone but he move backwards and then clasped his hand to hers.

"Let's go. I ain't leaving you here alone."