Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Jango helps me out of the van and I see all the guys eyes go wide when they see me beat all to hell. "Who did this to her?" Tig asks. "Her piece of shit boyfriend." Marcus says and I add "Ex." Chibs looks at Marcus and asks "What exactly are you needing?" Marcus looks at me and then Chibs and says "Her ex, his old man is some big shot judge so we might need some help going after him but have to be careful to make sure of no blowback. But until then, I need her hidden. I need her protected." he tells them. "Let me talk to my guys real fast." Chibs says and Marcus nods. He looks at me and asks "How you holding up Bebita?" I nod that I'm okay for now.

Over to the side, SAMCRO talk. "We can't just let her keep getting hurt man. We gotta do something." Tig says. "Agreed but she's going to need a lot of protection." Quinn says. "I'll claim her." Happy says and they all look at him shocked. "Look, I'm done being alone. Whores don't do anything for me anymore. She needs protection. It's a win win." he tells them and they nod. "All in favor of Happy claiming and helping Marcus take this piece of shite down?" They all hold up their hands in vote. "Let's get your Old Lady Hap." Chibs says.

They walk back over to Marcus who's standing beside me and says "Here's what we came up with. If he has the connections that you say he has, she needs to be closely protected. In order to do that, Happy is wanting to claim her as his Old Lady. That way, all charters will protect her and we can call on them if needed." Chibs explains. Marcus looks at me and asks "You good with that?" I look at him and ask "Which one's Happy?" Happy looks up and says "Me." I look at Marcus and say "If you trust them, I'm good with it." I tell him. "Her things are in the van. She can't ride." Marcus says. Happy walks over and asks "How bad?" I look at him and say "Three cracked, the rest bruised." I feel him put his arm around my waist and his hand rests on my hip and he asks "You gonna follow us to the clubhouse?" Marcus nods his head yes. "I'll send just the van. He'll drop off and head back." Marcus says. "Okay." Happy says. I hug Marcus and say "Te amo." He hugs me back gently and says "Te amo little one." before he heads to his bike and heads back to the clubhouse.

Happy helps me back in the van and when he goes to close the door, I say "Thank you for this." He nods and closes the door. Jango looks at me and says "He's not much of a talker but he's loyal and he's a stand up dude." I nod and say "Good to know." We drive for a bit and then we pull up to a building that says Teller Morrow Automotive. Happy gets off his bike and a couple of prospects come out and start grabbing my bags. "Take those to my room." Happy says. "My safe too." I tell them and they do as we ask. Happy helps me out of the van and asks "You okay to walk inside?" I nod and say "I think so." I walk slowly and he walks beside me, not leaving my side. Once inside, Chibs says "Let's go into Chapel." They all head into the Chapel and Happy says "Come on." I nod and he helps me inside and helps me to a chair sitting beside the one he takes.

"Tell us what happened Lass." Chibs says. "I've been seeing Jake for about six months. Two months in, he started hitting me and it's gotten worse from there. He beats me and rapes me almost daily. This time, he threw me down on the floor and started punching me. Then started kicking me. When he was done, he made me get on my knees and service him. That's pretty much how it's been for the last few months." I tell them. "Shit sweetheart. How have you survived it?" Tig asks. "Kept my head low and tried not to piss him off." I tell them. I feel Happy reach over and take my hand and laces his fingers with mine. "He won't do it again." he says. I look at him and say "Thank you." I look up when I hear another voice. "How do you know Alvarez?" Quinn asks. "You all know his little girl Tessa?" I ask and they all nod. "When she was about six months old, she was diagnosed with Leukemia and needed a bone marrow transplant. I was on the living donor list and I got a phone call telling me that I was the match to a six month old little girl and asked if I would donate. I didn't hesitate. We did the surgery and she's a happy and healthy six year old." I tell them and they all smile. "So, he said you're familia..." Montez starts and I finish "Because my marrow saved his little girl. And I'd do it all over again if she needed it." I tell them and they all smile. "Well, you're family here now too. But there are a few things you need to know. I know you know that you don't say anything about what you see or hear but you need to know that since you're an Old Lady, you'll get Happy's crow tattoo and that will make sure that no matter what, all charters will protect you." he tells me. "Okay. When are you wanting to get it done?" I ask. "We'll give you a few days to heal a little and then I can do it for you." Happy tells me. "Okay." I tell him. "There are girls here that are croweaters. Don't let them push you around. You defend your spot as his Old Lady. I don't care if you have to bounce one off the floor, you do it. We will back you up. You'll meet Quinn's Old Lady Lyla and Tig's Old Lady Venus here shortly." Chibs tells me and I nod my head. "Let's let you get settled in." Chibs says before slamming the gavel.

I go to stand and Happy helps me. He helps me walk out to the main room and down a hall towards what he said are the dorms. I get halfway down the hall and have to stop. "Need me to carry you?" he asks. I just nod my head. He picks me up gently and carries me to the dorm. Once inside, he puts me down on the bed and sits next to me. "Are you okay with all of this?" he asks me. "If it keeps him from getting to me then yes." I say. I look at him and ask "Are you okay with this? I know you all voted on it but..." I start. "We voted on it after I volunteered." he tells me and I look at him shocked. "Look, I'm done being alone. I need someone by my side. I need someone that understands the club and doesn't judge me." he tells me. Looking over at me he says "If you're close to the Mayans, then you know about how the club works and I don't think you'd judge me." he tells me. "I wouldn't. Happy, you're helping me. Literally saving my life. If he finds me, he's going to kill me." I tell him. He takes my hand and laces his fingers with mine and says "You're mine now Rory. I won't let him touch you." he says. I look down at our hands and he raises our hands to his lips and kisses my knuckles. Looking over at me he asks "Are you hungry?" I shake my head no and say "I'm tired though." I tell him. He stands up and brings one of my bags over for me to get some clothes to sleep in. "You want me to get one of the girls to come help you shower?" he asks. "Please." I say. "I'll get Lyla and when you're done, we'll lay down together." he tells me. "Okay." I say. He goes to walk away and I grab his hand. Standing up slowly, he helps me. I reach up and touch his face before pulling his face closer to mine. I kiss his lips softly and whisper "Thank you." He nods before walking out the door to get Lyla to help me get a shower.

Once I get showered, Lyla helps me get dressed and helps me to the bed. "Are you okay with Happy being in here with you?" she asks. "Yeah. Something about him tells me he won't hurt me." I tell her. "He won't but sweetheart, he's been alone for a long time. You two take care of each other." she tells me and I nod. Happy walks back in and asks "You feel better?" I nod and say "A lot. Thank you." He nods. I move over in the bed and he strips down to his boxers and asks "This okay?" I nod and say "Yeah." I lay with my back to him and he leans closer and asks "Can I hold you?" I nod my head yes and when he wraps his arms around me, I snuggle back into him. It's the first time in a long time that I've been held like this and the tears finally start to fall. "I got you little girl. He won't get to you again. I got you." he says before I turn to face him and sob into his chest. This man that doesn't even know me, is being better to me than the man that said he loved me.