twenty nine

dan 👀
sometimes i feel really awkward talking to you face to face is that weirdddd

phil 💀
dan im literally sat next to you, talk to me

"ACTUALLY YOU are lying on my lap, but okay." dan gave phil a smug look, to which phil only rolled his eyes in disappointment at. dan and phil typically were in this position, phil's head on dan's lap whilst dan let him hold onto his fingers or his hand — one of which was normally lazily slung over phil's waist. it was cliche really, how they had become. phil never use to want to talk to dan, he'd avoid him in the halls and during classes but now they were glued to each other, dan to phil more than phil was to dan. but nonetheless, they were practically inseparable. phil lacked words to describe the relationship between dan, or how he even felt toward dan at all. "phil? you've been staring at me for a good five minutes."

phil didn't notice that his cheeks had tinted an earthy rose colour, the tip of his nose heating from embarrassment. the noise of the tv in the background had faded into a mutter, one could say even a whisper. it was so quiet, in fact, that phil felt as if he had somehow stopped time. giving dan and few blinks in reply, he managed to open his dry mouth to speak, the syllables cracking slightly. "sorry. you're just really pretty." soon enough, phil knew what he had said. his eyes went wide for a moment and he sat up, trying to get a grip on his thoughts. was his brain not connected to his mouth? whatever he was thinking, was pushed away when dan spoke up.

"what?"

"you heard me. you are." phil felt out of control. it was like someone else was speaking for him. but he was so confused that it almost felt right to tell dan — almost.

"i mean, i could say the same for you but i think my annoying compliments have been forever ingrained into your head." they laughed, a small and short laugh. it was one that you could savour but neither of the pair were sure as to why it could be savoured. the moment was plesent — a calm before the storm. however, the only storm surging was the one outside dan's window.