Tears

Lapis never cried. It was true that she may have cried sometime during her past, but the present Lapis would never cry. Those tears had dried up long ago, along with her happiness.

Lapis didn't cry during the war. She watched her comrades and friends poof and shatter, but she didn't cry. Something within her form stirred unpleasantly, but she ignored it. During the war, she wanted peace and safety, but that never came. Instead, she was poofed and trapped inside a mirror.

Lapis couldn't cry during her time in the mirror. There were several times she was aware of who she was, but she couldn't reform, no matter what. She wanted to scream in pain for someone to notice her, but she couldn't cry.

When she was locked in the prison cell, she was afraid; afraid that she would be shattered, trapped, put back in that mirror. She hated being locked up and the only company was those two Homeworld gems who had trapped her.

When she was Malachite, she didn't cry, no matter how much torture being the fusion was. Sometimes, she could hear Jasper's screams echoing all around; sometimes it was hers. She was tired and sick of being trapped of Earth, never allowed to go home. However, she endured the entire process and didn't shed a tear. 

Even after her experiences, she tried to stay positive for Steven. Those nasty feelings arose within her multiple times, but she continued to ignore them. She hated Peridot, but she also hated how she had treated her during their first encounter again; how she wanted the gem to leave. If Peridot hadn't come running back, who knows where Lapis would be now?

Leaving Earth and taking everything was the worst thing Lapis did. She left Peridot, Steven, everything and took everything with. While she was on the moon, she constantly checked on Peridot and it took everything not to cry. Peridot, Steven, and Pumpkin were absolutely miserable. Yet she couldn't go back; couldn't face those terrible feelings she would have to if she went back.

Lapis never cried during those times; yet there was only one time she cried. When she and Peridot had reformed, Lapis was faced with everything she had done; everything she had gone through came rushing back. Peridot was watching her from the other side of the room, and Lapis could feel the sadness from the green gem. 

Tears came to Lapis's eyes, and before she knew it, she was in Peridot's arms, sobbing and clutching to the gem. She cried for everything she had done, cried for the times she locked her feelings up, cried because the tears wouldn't stop. All the while, Peridot sat there quietly, shedding her own tears and rubbing Lapis's back. 

When it was over, Lapis sniffled and stood up. Peridot couldn't, shouldn't forgive her. When the only thing Peridot wanted was for her to stay, what had she done? Ruined their friendship and relationship with each other. Lapis was surprised when Peridot grabbed her wrist. She turned around and almost cried again when she saw Peridot's eyes. They were full of pain and concern. She thought Lapis would leave again.

Letting out a sob, Lapis bent down and took the green gem in her arms, whispering apologies to Peridot. Peridot whispered her own apologies back, apologizing for everything back on the ship. Lapis only responded with "It's in the past." and "I don't care." 

When both gems stopped crying, they looked at each other and laughed. Laughed because they were so happy, laughed because they didn't know what else to do. Lapis pulled Peridot into her lap and cuddled her, nuzzling her face into Peridot's soft hair. Peridot sat there quietly, and Lapis looked down confusedly.

"I don't want to forgive you." She mumbled. Lapis's eyes widened but Peridot placed a hand on her lips. "But I can't stay mad. I understand that you were scared because of everything. You shouldn't have left though." Lapis sighed and Peridot looked up at her.

"I shouldn't have left. You're correct Peridot, and I understand that you may hate me. There will probably be other times where I get scared but...." Lapis paused.

"I promise I won't leave unless it is necessary." Lapis said. Peridot's eyes widened, and Lapis dropped her head. "I'm sorry." It was quiet for a few minutes, before Lapis felt Peridot move out of her lap. She should have known; Peridot hated her.

Suddenly, she felt the cool surface of Peridot's gemstone touch her own gemstone. And in that moment, Lapis knew that Peridot had forgiven her. It was true that Lapis had ruined their relationship, but Peridot wanted to start over. Start their friendship over and go beyond.

I apologize for not updating this recently. I plan to try and update this more when I have time. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)

Update: I really want to update this again. It'll probably be smaller stories however. I'm definitely doing a Halloween one (long as I don't forget)!