Poofed

Peridot could hear the howls of corrupted gems as they were crushed by Lapis's water hands. She gritted her teeth as she shoved a metal bar in the form of one. Despite the decreasing amount of corrupted gems, there were still many roaming around Beach City. The Crystal Gems had been lucky enough to find a whole pack of them. It was almost incredible how many there were.

Peridot paused to look around for her teammates. Bismuth sliced through a corrupted Jasper, bubbling the gem before rushing back in. Garnet and Pearl were teamed up and fighting two corrupted gems that had crept up. Amethyst and Steven; no, rather, Smoky Quartz, were currently dealing with a couple of corrupted gems. She knew that Smoky Quartz could handle it, as the fusion easily dodged their attacks and wrapped them up in their weapon. 

Lapis was easily and swiftly dealing with multiple gems. She and Lapis had worked together to hold off some of the gems, but they had been backed up into a tight corner. Lapis was taking offense, fighting off any gems that came too close. Peridot was on defense, poofing any gems that came too close to her or Lapis.

The battle was going great. The waves of corrupted gems had decreased. Peridot felt like she could breathe in ease with everything.

Suddenly, there was a scream that turned Peridot's gem cold. She turned around to see a huge blue and black gem crushing Lapis with their claws. Peridot rushed over, shouting for the others to assist her. Noticing the situation, Bismuth and Pearl ran over, weapons readied.

It was too late. Lapis's eyes rolled into her head and her form gave way. Her gem was left on the ground, the corrupted gem taking pleasure in applying pressure to the gem. Peridot felt rage bubbling within her, and without thinking, she grabbed the closest object near her.

That object happened to be a piece of broken metal, and she quickly impaled the gem with it. The gem let out a screech of agony before poofing alongside Lapis. Quickly, Peridot grabbed Lapis's gem and held it close to her chest. Steven ran over and bubbled the gem, sending it back to the temple.

"Lapis, Lapis!" Peridot cried, gently shaking the gem. Steven walked over to Peridot and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Peridot, can I check her?" Steven asked politely. Peridot stared at him with watery eyes, before nodding and handing him the gem. Steven carefully checked the gem, before giving Peridot a small smile. "She's okay. No cracks or damage."

Peridot let out a sigh and took Lapis back. She hugged the gemstone to her chest, careful to not crush Lapis. The rest of the Crystal Gems sat near Peridot, comforting her. 

"Don't worry Peri, Lapis is strong! She'll be fine!" Amethyst cheerfully said. Peridot looked at her. "You really think so? I just don't know if Lapis is scared. I mean, being poofed must be scary for her, after everything that happened." Peridot said. 

"She'll be fine." Garnet said, giving Peridot a thumbs up. Peridot sighed and looked back down at the blue gemstone. "I sure hope so."

Two days later

Peridot gloomily stared at the blue gem, carefully nestled into a blanket. She rubbed her finger over the gem's smooth surface, before drooping her arms over the couch. Pearl watched Peridot nervously from the kitchen. "Do you need anything" She nervously asked.

"No thanks. Thank you for caring, however." Peridot mumbled. She couldn't help but feel an urge to work on something. However, the need to see Lapis again was forcing her to stay and watch Lapis. Pumpkin was snuggled against Peridot's side, whimpering as she watched her mom frown.

"I'll be back later. Connie and Steven planned on training today." Pearl told Peridot. Peridot waved at her slowly before resuming her position. 

"Lapis, you should come back soon. We had so many great times together, and now that were actual Crystal Gems, we need to protect Earth. Without you, our team won't feel complete." Peridot sniffled slightly. "A-and, I want to see you again. I lost you before, and I don't want to lose you again." She hugged the gemstone to her chest, pressing her face to it. "Please, I love you."

Suddenly, a bright blue glow blinded Peridot. She accidentally dropped the gemstone and watched in horror as it fell. However, due to Lapis regenerating, the gemstone did not crack. Instead, Lapis fell face first onto the floor, groaning as she mumbled about "a rude awakening."

Not caring anymore, Peridot jumped onto Lapis, causing them both to fall back to the ground again. To add to the pile, Pumpkin jumped and landed on Lapis's stomach. "I come back only to be attacked again." Lapis teased.

Peridot hugged Lapis, sniffling into her shoulder. "I'm so glad your back." She murmured. Lapis smiled and hugged Peridot back. "I can't stay away for long. After all, I have a new home and family to protect." Peridot giggled, grabbing Pumpkin to join in their group hug.

"Oh, and I love you too."