Sleeping

Sleeping wasn't something uncommon for Lapis. She would often sleep to "clear her mind" as she told Peridot. Peridot did notice that Lapis seemed calmer when she was sleeping. There were times when Peridot did hear strange noises, often when she was working.

Peridot had never tried sleeping nor did she see the point in it. It seemed like a perfectly good waste of time. Time was important. Peridot could working on new defenses or even creating new charts for Percy and Pierre. She couldn't see why Lapis liked sleeping.

So, in order for her to have a clearer understanding, she needed to question Lapis. Her only other options were attempting it herself or research. Peridot decided asking Lapis was the best option, as it provided Peridot with a good source of information.

After their daily activity of watching Camp Pining Hearts, Peridot decided to ask Lapis. "Lapis, I need to know of your sleep routine." Peridot said. Lapis raised an eyebrow at her. "Why do you need to know?" Peridot cleared her throat and then proceeded to go on. "I don't fully understand why you perform the ritual humans use to recharge energy. Gems have no need for sleep, so our kind doesn't do it often. However, I am intrigued that you still chose to. Why is it that you sleep so often?"

Lapis sighed, placing her hands on her lap. "I guess sleeping just helps me escape from Earth for a while." When Peridot gave her a strange look, she elaborated on. "I don't mean actually escaping Earth. I guess I mean that I'm escaping reality. It calms me down and is actually pretty relaxing" Peridot nodded, humming in response. "But then why the need for those strange noises?" 

"I didn't realize I did that in my sleep." Lapis said. "I mean, Steven told once that sometimes humans have nightmares too. I think he said things like that happened to them. I guess I didn't realize I was doing it too while having them."

"Aren't nightmares those images that humans can experience while they sleep?" Peridot asked, frowning. Lapis sighed again. "They are kinda like dreams, which are nice pictures. However, they are much worse and even scary. " Lapis explained. Their talk of nightmares brought up her own from the previous night, and Lapis curled into herself.

Peridot noticed and she immediately sat closer to the ocean gem. "I can't fully understand what your going through, but I'm sorry you have to go through that." Peridot rested her hand on Lapis's hand, intertwining their fingers. "Wow, thanks." Lapis said, a small smile hidden by her arms.

The two gems sat there for a while, eventually leading the them falling asleep. When they woke up, Peridot was screaming about how she finally understood. As Lapis watched Peridot run towards Beach City to tell Steven, she couldn't help but smile.

"Thanks Peridot." 

Notice: I'm kinda running out of ideas. I'm going to keep updating this story as much as I can, but it might be a few days or a week. If you have an idea for me, please don't be afraid to share it! :)