Good luck

You are standing in the main room alone with Sam trying to process what just happened. Last 5 minutes, since Nate and Sully left, are silent the air feel like it's charged. Both you and Sam are just standing there trying to avoid eye contact. You haven't been together alone since Italy but that was under another circumstances, you had to cooperate. It's not like you hate him, he saved your live back in Scotland and you like teasing him but he can be so annoying and the fact that he's lying to Nathan about Alcazár. You just don't know how to feel around him.

„We should go." Sam breaks the silence with a small smile. You nod and both of you head out the tower to your car.

The ride is quiet, sometimes you notice him side looking at you but only for a few seconds. Every time you look at him you wanted to say something to ease the tension but you can't find the right words. The silence is really uncomfortable. „Just say something, anything!" you said in your head.

„So....how long have you been doing this treasure hunting?"

„What?" he nearly jumps of his seat didn't expecting you to ask anything.

„Well, you told me back in Scotland that you were doing this earlier than I have started?" you slowly continue in a shaky voice.

„Since I was 16. Not that it is any of your damn business." he snaps back.

„Okay...sorry." you say almost whispering. He fires the anger in you again, but this will be a long ride, so you just swallow your anger and look at the beautiful scenery.

You can hear a deep sigh next to you. „I...I am sorry Y/N. I didn't mean to be rude. I know you were just being nice, I just... I don't know." His words are soft and your anger slowly disappears.

„It's fine." you smile at him and he smiles back.

You arrive to the trident tower. It's on the coast near the city. Sam parked the car and both of you get of it immediately.

„Okay we're going to climb up to the top and then..." Sam starts but you interrupt him.

„Or we can explore the inside and see if there are any clues." you say smiling at him.

„No, we're going to the top." Sam said decisively raising his eyebrows.

„You're not the one to tell me what to do." you say stepping closer to him with a determined look.

„Fine, if you want to waste our time." he says arrogantly and walks to the wooden door.

After breaking the front door, you walk into the tower. It is quite empty, not as beautiful and monumental like the others but still there could be some secret passage. You are carefully observing walls and some furniture while Sam is just standing there annoyed tapping his feet to the floor. Minutes past and he finally take his chance to speaks out and throw the fact that you haven't found anything in your face.

„It isn't here just like I said. We should have climbed up to see if we can find any clue but no, instead we crash the door to examine the indoor and waste our time, because the lady in here has too much pride to listen to anybody more experienced."

„There was a higher chance to find anything inside than on that stupid roof and it was also safer and we didn't draw any attention because we aren't on a plain sight." You defend yourself.

„You just can't admit it, right? You can't put your huge ego aside and confirm that you were wrong. You can lie to yourself but it's obvious that there is nothing here and you should have listened to me."