Chapter 2 Loser With A Capital 'L'

Start from the beginning

I leaned my elbows on my knees and covered my face with my hands. I hated myself for not standing up to her and for letting her humiliate me. Even if I tried to stand up to her, she would always find a way to put me where I belong anyway, so why bother?

Axel.

I ignored my inner self for a moment. My inner self was blinded by emotions. "Shut up feelings, just shut up for once!" I growled at myself. I sat there for what seemed like forever.

A part of me was telling me I should've listened to Layla in the first place. If I had just obeyed her, none of this would've happened. But another part of me was yelling at me and telling me to fight back. 

"Love is stupid, love is blind, and I'm in love with a stranger who doesn't even know I exist." I laughed with no humor.

I had no plan of escaping that stall anytime soon. I wasn't ready to face the outside world yet, after the incident, I thought I would never be able to face the outside world ever again. All the faces of classmates laughing at me getting humiliated.

The teachers might've tried to prevent bullying, but they never tried hard enough. "Tell an adult, they'll help you."  Well, from personal experience, adults never did shit about bullying. From the day she started her mission to break me down, no adult had backed me up or had been on my side.

Out of all the people she could've picked on, she picked me. And I had no idea why. Maybe it was because I was an easy target, or because my face annoyed her. But from what I knew, I had never done ANYTHING to her. From the moment she heard my name, she had never thought twice about hurting me.

She had moved here when she was 12, and that was when I met her. It was the first day of school when I first saw her. The only thing I did was introduce myself to her, and before I knew it, I was an instant target for her. And the funny thing was, there were wimpier people out there like me, but she never spared a second glance at them.

"Rose! Rosie! Rosaline! Winnefred!" Kasay's frantic voice filled the bathroom. I sniffed away some tears and kept quiet. "Rose, is that you?" She asked. I whimpered quietly, hoping she didn't hear me, but that girl had super hearing. "I know it's you..." She trailed off softly.

I was in no mood to deal with anyone, so I stayed quiet. I looked up at the stall door in front of me, debating whether I should open it or not. 

"Can you come out?" 

 I shook my head in reply even though she couldn't see. I just couldn't trust my voice to speak.

"We were so worried when you left the cafeteria. Jax dragged me all around the school like a ragged doll trying to find you." She said. "First we went to the computer lab, no luck. Then we went to the upstairs science lab, no luck there too. We searched some empty lockers, but you were nowhere to be found."

She chuckled lightly. "Jaxon actually thought you got stuck in one of those lockers. You know how panicky he gets when things don't go his way. Drama queen." She laughed. A smile crept up on my lips as I imagined Jaxon with disheveled flaming red hair and crazy hazel eyes freaking out and yelling.

"He doesn't know you as well as I do though." She said snottily. "I told him you'd be in here, but he wouldn't listen. He said you wouldn't hide in here since you don't like places infested with bacteria." I imagined her shaking her head on the other side of the door. "The idiot has less brain cells than all your stuffed animals' combined." 

"So are you going to come out here nicely or do I have to kick the damn door down?" She asked. 

I got up from the toilet seat slowly before opening the stall door. Right when I opened the door, she pulled me into one of her killer hugs.

Her hugs were called 'Killer Hugs' for a reason. Every time she pulled me into a killer hug, I always seemed to hear a few of my ribs crack. She squeezed me so tight; I felt a lack of oxygen in my lungs. After a few minutes of no oxygen, she finally let me go and ruffled my hair with her bacteria infested hands like I was a little kid. 

"No offense but you like shit." She stated. "Let's get you fixed up."

"I'm not skipping school." I stated.

"Why not? It's just a few classes-"

"Kasay, no." I stared her straight in the eye. After a few minutes of us staring each other down, she finally gave up and sighed.

"Fine, I'll get you a hoodie from Jaxon." She slipped out of the bathroom for a few minutes before she came back in with a back hoodie with 'Drama Club' in yellow bold letters on it. "Cover up." She threw the hoodie at me. I failed to catch it so it fell to the floor. "I thought you had afternoons off."

"I have mornings off." I corrected her as I picked up the bacteria infested hoodie from the ground.

"Lucky bitch." She replied.

Lucky? If she only knew how shitty I felt inside...