7

Chapter 7 : Stay away from my sister.

Song : Polaroid ~ Liam Payne.

Shubman

"Let's go there, jaldi Kar na" (come quickly) Maya urges us as she takes hold of Manjot's hand and runs away quickly.

"You guys go, I can't" She sigh, clearly tired.

"Jhanvi is tired, let her be" I say

"Ya I'll wait with Jhanvi" Samiksha says

"No no" I refuse her  "I'm tired too, I will wait here with her"

"Ahem" Abhay laughs.

I turn to look at Jhanvi and she's looking down and blushing, then she says "you guys can all go, I'll be fine."

"Oh I'm tired" I say in a dramatic tone "you guys go. Jhanvi and I will wait"

So they all agree, and run off to the roller coaster. Jhanvi and I decide to sit down.

She is looking really beautiful today.

"Did I tell you, that you look really beautiful today?" She indeed is looking, white colour brings out her beautiful face.

"Yes" she says softly.

I don't know, but this girl brings out a different side of me. I'm drawn to her.

"Well, you do. Look beautiful. You should wear more white coloured clothes"

"Thank you." She says softly, again.

I laugh.

"What?" She demands, not so softly anymore.

"Why do you talk so softly to me?"

"I- I" She stammers.

"Never mind, do you wanna eat some
Ice cream?"

"Yeah." Her eyes shine like a little kids on hearing the words ice cream

"Then, let's go get some ice cream." And we get up and move to the vendor near by.

"Chocolate" she chants.

So, I get two chocolate ice creams.

***

The day, like every other moment with Jhanvi, passed away real soon.

I don't know, but I feel very drawn to jhanvi. Her eyes are so deep, I just want to keep looking in them all the time. And the way she looks at me, I feel like I am not myself anymore, but someone else.

Someone who deserves to be seen and loved.

Someone who can be loved and treated right.

"Shub, chalo na" (Shub, let's go)

"Haan Ji Jhan chalo" (Yes, Jhan, let's)

Even though it was a class trip, us friends were alone most of the time and had a lot of fun and took an awful lot of pictures.

We joined with the rest of the class and went back to school.

We were all so damn tired.
It was like the best trip ever.

We all bid our goodbyes and then moved to our cars. I was dropping Jhanvi.

"So, where exactly do you live?" She Asks me as soon as we get into the car. "Would it be out of your way to drop me? I could call My cousin"

"I'm your driver for the day. Don't worry I live really close to you house"

"Okay" she says and then almost immediately falls asleep.

Her face is so innocent and pure, one can't even imagine how much she has gone through. Losing a parent, then being abandoned by the other.

When we reach her home, Rudra, her brother is waiting on the porch for her.

He immediately runs to the car as soon as he sees us approaching.

Why's he such a weirdo? Like okay she's your sister and all. Give her a break.

"Thank you for driving me" Jhanvi smiles.

"My pleasure" I grin back and then join her outside the car, where her brother is standing.

He says nothing. Ajeeb Banda hai yaar. (Pretty wired dude.)

"Bye" Jhanvi actually kisses my cheek.

I feel myself burning up. Oh god! She kissed me. Wow.

"Jhanvi" Rudra shouts, rather sternly.

"Rudra, it's okay" she replies

"Chalo" he takes her hand and drags her back

"Woah dude what are you doing" I can't help but shout!

"Stay away from my sister" he hisses at me

Jhanvi looks at him, in confusion and says "Rudra go back inside"

He doesn't move.

"I'm so sorry Shubman"

"Is okay Jhan" I assure her. Her brother must have some reason to be like this.

Rudra starts to say something but Jhanvi doesn't let him.

"I'll see you kal (tomorrow)" she says and Rudra mumbles something under his breath.

What's his problem, dude.

I get into my car and Just as I start to drive away I hear Rudra and Jhanvi arguing.

Did I do something?

We took a Polaroid, you signed your name upon it. I put it in my wallet, hoping I'd see your face again.

Note : I am thinking about writing a social media book as a side book to Avec Amour. Basically, it will have social media updates of all the characters from this book. Like Instagram, tumblr etc.
Let me know what you think of this idea.

Keep supporting. 💕