3

Chapter 3 : Yeh Shubman hai.

Song : Find you ~ Nick Jonas

Uth jaa Jhanvi" Shreya's voice wakes me from my dream "Late hogaya" (Wake up, its getting late)

"Hmm" I mumble and pull the covers over my head.

"We're getting late Jhans" Rudra comes into my room. "School nahi jana kya? Phir tujhe tayaar hone mai bhi saal lagta hai!" (Don't you have to get ready for school? It takes you like an year to get ready!)

At this I get up and throw a pillow at Rudra.

Laughing, we move downstairs for breakfast.

I hate to have breakfast. Back at home, I'd be content with some cornflakes or museli or some other form of cereal but here, daadi force-feeds me too much.

"Aloo Paranthe" Chachi ( paternal aunt) comes with two plates, beaming - as making aloo paranthe is her most favourite thing in the world.

"And here is the dahi (curd) and aanchar (pickle) " Choti chachi brings two bowls.

                                    ***

"Okay So this was all about Kirchhoff's rules and with this we finish the chapter" The physics teacher said.

Okay, why do I get none of this.

It's so hard.

"Yaar mere samaj Mai toh kuch nahi aaya" The girl seated next to me says. (Dude I understood nothing)

"Same" I laugh.

"I'm Maya, by the way. You're the new girl right?"

"Thats me" I smile and nod my head.

"Must be hard. I know because I was in your shoes only 3 years ago."

-and then we talk and talk. Basically we bond over the pain of being a new girl.

She invites me to have lunch with her friends and I gladly accept.

Rudra will finally be rid of me and he can be with his new friends.

As soon as the bell rings, Maya takes my hand and we go the cafeteria.

"Hey" she greets everyone at their table and sits next to a guy who kisses her cheek.

"Baitho baitho" Maya smiles at me and I slip into a chair, next to a girl. (Sit sit)

"Guys this is Jhanvi, she's new here" Maya introduces me.

"Hi" I say in my politest voice.

"Hi, I am Manjot" The guy who kissed Maya says

"I'm Abhay" says a guy

"Iska naam Abhishek hai, isko Abhay cute lagta hai tabhi bolta hai" Maya laughs (His name is Abhishek, he thinks "Abhay" is cute)

She really is a very bubbly person.

I look expectantly at the girl next to me who just mumbles "Samiksha"

"Iska naam Samiksha hai. We call her Sam" Maya confirms "she's like this hamesha, sulky and all" (her name is Samiksha, we call her Sam. And she's always like this only - sulky and all)

Everyone laughs, even Samiksha.

"Heloooo" a guys voice comes from behind.

"Tumhari hi kami thi" Maya laughs (only you were missing)

"Yeh Shubman hai" Abhay says to me (this is Shubman)

"Hi, I'm Jhanvi"

"The new girl, eh?" He asks me

I nod.

For the next half an hour I notice how Maya does most of the talking. She's like the happy-go-lucky person of the group.

Then there's Samiksha, who's complete opposite of her, she barely talks and just stares down.

At least, I made some friends.

"Oh god! Here you are" I hear a voice behind me.

Rudra.

"Was looking for you everywhere yaar" he says to me "Bina bole koun jaata hai aise" (Who disappears without telling anything)

"Sorry" I mumble

He doesn't take his eyes off me

"I'm fine, Rudra" I assure him.

He's like the most protective brother ever. Even though he's younger than me, he acts like my big brother and believes that he is to save me from everything and everyone.

Never once has he let me face anything alone.

"Chalo theek hai" he says and walks away. (Okay fine)

He could've at least greeted my new friends, I think.

Everyone is looking at me expectantly, of course, Rudra ke aise behaviour ke baad I always have to explain.

"He's my brother"

Shubman sighs, a bit too audibly.

"Oh God!, Shubman" Maya laughs

"Making it too obvious bro" Manjot joins

Shubman says nothing.

I stare down, as colour reaches my cheeks.

Then I lift my eyes and look at Shubman, like really look. He's tall, His eyes are very beautiful, his face is perfectly carved and his lips are- oh my god! What am I doing.

Shubman senses my gaze at him and looks right up and smirks. Then winks at me.

I blush even more and then look away.

He's about to say something, when the bell rings. Thank God!

I get up immediately "Have a class. Bye guys. It was really nice meeting you all"

"See you soon, Jhanvi" Maya waves me off.

Maybe I'm chasing a feeling. Maybe I don't even need it, but maybe you're looking for me tonight tonight