Chapter 9

-time skip, 1 year-

Zane: Age 16

Maddox: ?

"Lumine!" Zane tore his arm away from her, "I'm going now, with or without you, I NEED to find my brother....".

"NO!" Lumine yelled, "You should finish school first, instead of wasting your life."

Zane turned away, "I don't need school.... Plus it sucks"

"Yes you do. What if Maddox's dead..."

Zane ignored Lumine.

"Zane...?"

"HE IS NOT DEAD!" he yelled, then walked out, slamming the door.

"Zane..." Lumine whispered, "He might be..."

Zane ran until he got to his tree (the one that showed him Maddox), he curled up and transformed into his wolf form, "He's not dead... He's not.... He can't be....." he said to himself.

-dream-

"Hey, Zane!" Maddox grinned.

"Maddox?!" smiled Zane, giving Maddox a hug, "I KNEW YOU WEREN'T DEAD!"

Maddox frowned, "I... am..."

"No.... YOUR NOT!" said Zane.

"I kinda am...." Maddox sighed.

"NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO YOUR NOT!!" yelled Zane, trying to convincing himself.

"Yes..." Maddox sighed again.

"NO, then you aren't you a ghost outside of my dream..... SO YOUR NOT DEAD!!"

"I am, like Channer said, trapped... you don't need to find me... you... can't...."

" YES I DOOO.... We're FAMILY!"

"Family means nothing..." He almost said where he was, "...here..."

"FAMILY IS EVERYTHING!"

"...it was to me too..."

"YOU'RE NOT DEAD AND FAMILY IS EVERYTHING!!... you've changed....." said Zane, a bit of fear in his eyes.

"Being in..." He nearly slipped up again, "here, has changed me."

Zane slowly walked away, "I don't... know..... You.... you're not my-.....No NO no NO no No no..... YOU ARE ALIVE!"

"Not anymore. I haven't been for 3 years. As much as I hate to use this against you, you watched me die." Maddox began to glow, "See?" He sobbed, "This is what'll happen if you come to get me... it'll claim you too."

Zane eyes widened, "But... I have no family here......"

"DON'T FOLLOW ME!!!" Maddox yelled, "yes you do... Remember Channer??"

"NO NO NO No.... I can't lose you AGAIN!!" cried Zane, he continued to followed Maddox.

"I never came back." Maddox turned away from Zane.

Zane paused, "Big.... brother......" He thought of the memories he had with him...

"Forget about me!"

"NO.... YOU'RE MY BIG BROTHER I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU... NO MATTER WHAT!!"

"You're going to have to." Maddox sighed as he disappeared.

Zane shook his head, "NEVER... I love you, Big brother and YOU can't change that.... NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!"

"I love you, too." The walls echoed Maddox's final word to the world.

"NOOOOOO!!!" Wailed Zane, as he disappeared as well, eternally trapped in his dreams.

-THE END-

(A/n: unless you vote this story;))

-the actual end-