Chapter 1

-Morning of first day of school-

"Will daddy see us off?" Zane asked, getting ready for school.

"Ummm..." Maddox winced, "daddy died."

"Daddy too!" Cried Zane

"Actually, they were never alive..."

"Where!" Smiled Zane looking around.

"Ready to go?" Maddox tried to smile, failing miserably.

"Oh.... Ya i guess so...." Sighed Zane "Wait! What were you going to tell me last night?"

"Umm..." Maddox couldn't meet Zane's gaze, "I'm not actually your brother."

"Y-Y-You're not!!" Cried Zane.

"No. But I did have a little brother..." Maddox drifted into a flashback...

-flashback- 6 years ago

"Maddox!" Maddox's mother was trapped under a piece of the building they had been staying in.

Maddox, his brother (he can't remember the name, it's like it's been blocked from his memory) and his parents had all been living together, but today... werewolves came and killed his parents.

His father had died in front of him.

Cut down in a flurry of blood. "Maddox..." he had said Maddox's brother's name as well. "Take care of each other, and your mother."

Now, Maddox felt like a failure. His mother was trapped and he couldn't get her out. His brother would be forever scarred by his memories, and he, himself, had physical scars. Mental, and from trying to save his dad.

"Maddox!" his mother's voice snapped him out of his thoughts, "Take care of--" Maddox knew she had said his brother's name, but the name was cut out of the memory.

A werewolf tore the building off her, with his brother in his arms.

His brother looked remarkably similar to Zane, Maddox in the present thought.

"Don't hurt him; he's just a child!" Maddox's mother said.

"Don't talk back to me!" The werewolf pinned her down. "Nobody still breathing has!"

He grinned manically, (or as close as a wolf can get to it) then said, "Since you seem to care so much for your child, I'm going to make him a werewolf in front of you, then kill you."

"MADDOX!" the mother screamed, "GO!"

Maddox ran, sobbing, turning back once to see his brother scratched and bleeding.

His mother's limp body was on the grass, surrounded by blood.

He shouted his brother's name.

His brother cried for him.

A werewolf pounce on Maddox's brother, "Say goodbye!"

A werewolf jumped on Maddox, and Maddox was knocked unconscious.

-flashback end-

"But.....But....." Cried Zane hugging Maddox.

"I can't remember his name... But in honor of him, I'm going to figure out who you are!" Maddox said, still shaken from his memories.

"I'm sure you'll find him..." smiled Zane, still a bit crying

"I won't." Maddox looked away.

Zane was silent

"Have you... figured out what I mean?" Maddox asked awkwardly.

"No... your the only one i've seen..."