coffeshop au

Cliché, I know, but I do what I want

"Coffee for Marvin?" Cordelia called out, every word dripping with faux enthusiasm.

Marvin walked up to the counter, grabbing his eleventh coffee of the day. Whizzer recognized him, as Marvin had gotten ten coffees before this, and raised an eyebrow in concern, though he didn't say anything. Whizzer's day had been fairly uneventful, just the same thing over and over again. There were strange customers here and there, but he's been here so long he was used to it.

♡ time skip brought to you by the power of gay ♡

Whizzer glanced at the clock and frowned frustratedly. It was almost closing time and there was still a customer left. Marvin. He really hated feeling people to leave, they would always throw a fit.

The reason Marvin was on his eleventh coffee and had been there all day was the cute barista at the counter. He had been trying to muster up the courage to just go up there and talk to him all day, but he couldn't. In fact, Marvin hadn't said a single thing to him in the past seven hours he had been here. Now, it was almost time for the coffee shop to close and Marvin was starting to think that he would never get to talk to the barista.

(it auto corrected get to gay and I'm frickin losing it)

Whizzer anxiously watched the seconds tick by on the small wall clock, hoping the other man would leave if give any indication that he knew it was nearing closing time, but he did not. Cordelia had already left because it was his turn to close, so he couldn't even get her help. He tore his eyes off the clock to asses the situation at Marvin's table. The shorter man was at a mostly empty table, save for the large stack if coffee cups. He was reading a book, but Whizzer noticed that Marvin had been reading the book the whole time had had been there and was still on the first few pages. Whizzer inhaled deeply, readying himself to tell Marvin that he had to leave. He walked over to the shorter man, glancing at the book briefly.

"The dedications must be very interesting, you've been reading them for the past seven hours that I've been here." What? That's not at all what he was going to to say.

"I-uh-you're really pretty!" Now it was Marvin's turn to be shocked.

Sure it was true, but that's not really the impression that Marvin wanted to make on the stunning man who stood before him. Then, it clicked in his mind, he recalled a book he read about soulmates: Although it's very uncommon to find your soulmate, soulmates had to voice their thoughts the first time they talk and after that-

Marvin felt a burning pain in his arm and he looked down to see the exact words the cute barista had said to him earlier.

The talker man let out a laugh. "Well, I was going to tell you it's closing time and you have to leave, but now I'd rather gay to know you. So, what's your name soulmate?"

"Marvin." He grinned, standing and plucking the book and pile of coffee cups off the table.

"I'm Whizzer."

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Whizzer"

"You don't need to be so formal you know." Whizzer said with an amused smile.

Marvin grinned and threw his coffee cup away with a small "Yeah."

The two boys talked all night, about their lives, interests, and anything else they could think of. Although it's uncommon to meet your soulmate, both men were equally happy they met theirs.

-610-

There. It's been done. You guys can't stop me from writing cliché au's. Who knows, next I might do a pastel/punk or something. lol probably not.