soulmates

Whizzer Brown thought the whole 'soulmate' thing was bullshit. He hated every part of it.  People around him were obsessed with it for some reason he just couldn't comprehend. What's the point, really? So what, you meet someone you're destined to be with forever. What happens if they're a complete douche? Or if they don't like you? Then what?

  Marvin wasn't the fondest of the idea of soulmates, either. He didn't care for it, but he didn't hate it. He was kind of in the middle, never paying any attention to the string in his finger. Why should he? He had more important things to worry about. However, his parents disagreed. It wasn't uncommon for parents to do what they did. They just sent him off on 'a mission for the one you love' or so they call it. So, here he is now, standing at a bus stop, following. his string cities over; a seventeen year old armed only with a backpack, wallet and phone.

  The resulting journey over the course if the following week felt like hell. No matter how little he cared for soulmates, he couldn't help worry about what his soulmate felt, or rather would feel, about him.

  Whizzer, however, wasn't worried at all. His parents never sent him off to look for his soulmate, in fact, the last time they sent him out of the house was last year, when they kicked him out. Why, you might ask. Well, he told the he's gay and they replied that he should 'leave until he gets better'. So, he left and didn't come back. He didn't understand why people were homophobic, everyone had a soulmate. You can't control it, so why fight it?

  You can imagine how much of a shock it was to Whizzer when a knock sounded at his door at four in the fucking morning.

  "What the hell?" He grumbled to himself, clambering down the stairs of his shabby apartment.

  He flung the door open angrily and found a man, shorter than himself, looking up at him in slight shock.

  "What?" Whizzer snapped angrily.

  "I didn't think you'd be so tall. Or a guy." The shorter man in the doorway said quietly.

  Whizzer knitted his brows in confusion, frowning, until the other man nodded towards the string on his index finger.

  "Of course," Whizzer groaned, hitting his head against the doorway a bit. "Well, come in."

  He might not have liked the idea of a soulmate, but he wasn't a complete prick.

  "Thanks," the other man mumbled, clearly still in shock, then walked past Whizzer into the small room.

  "So, what's your name?" Whizzer asked leaning against the door frame.

  "Marvin, you?"

  "Whizzer."

  Marvin nodded and Whizzer led him into the living room to take a seat on the couch. He patted the spot next to him, jokingly pointing out that Marvin could make himself comfortable. To his surprise, the other man wasted no time with crashing onto the couch next to him. It took a couple seconds to realize that he was probably exhausted from walking to find his soulmate all day. So, Whizzer let the other man lean on his shoulder, planning on staying until Marvin fell asleep, but Whizzer was tired. That was probably obvious though, since it was four in the fucking morning.

  The next morning, Whizzer was extremely confused to wake up next to a strange man, who was still sleeping peacefully next to him. He took a couple seconds to realize that the night before wasn't some strange dream and he had, in fact, found his soulmate. Or his soulmate found him, but what's the difference. Despite the fact that he hated the idea of soulmates with a burning passion, he still found a smug smile forming on his face at the idea of his parents finding out that his soulmate was, in fact, a guy. He couldn't help the pride that seemed to inflate his heart as he realized he's got someone now. Someone who could love him, unlike his parents during the past year.

  Whizzer didn't bother moving, the shorter man who was sleeping on him just seemed so comfortable and he'd hate to disturb that. However, when about thirty minutes had passed of Whizzer just sitting there he began to grow restless, finally realizing two things. One: It was not comfortable to sleep on the couch and his muscles ached. Two: It was creepy to just stare at someone for half an hour. So, he attempted to get up without waking the sleeping man, but he couldn't manage that. After another minute or so of struggling, he decided on just waking Marvin up.

  Whizzer stood up, nudging the shorter man off of him, who fell onto the couch. The result was that Marvin woke up and squinted at Whizzer in confusion before groaning a bit and standing from his position on the couch.

  "You didn't sleep on the couch, did you?" Marvin asked the taller man after he stretched a bit.

  "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't," Whizzer shrugged a bit "You'll never know."

  "You did, didn't you?"

  Whizzer shrugged, not really answering the question, but that told Marvin all he needed to know. Marvin frowned a bit, but didn't really comment on it further. The taller (and more fashionable) of the two walked towards the kitchen in pursuit of breakfast.

  "What are you hungry for?"

  Marvin shrugged "Cereal, I guess. It's the only thing I can't burn."

  Whizzer laughed a bit at that, resulting in Marvin blushing. He hadn't really seen Whizzer happy yet, considering that he had woken the other man up at four a.m., but that laugh oh man, Marvin was in love. 

  "Do you like pancakes?"

  "Yeah." Marvin bit back a smile, he didn't just like pancakes, he fucking loved  pancakes. This was the moment he decided he was going to marry this man.

  "Chocolate chip?"

  "Holy shit, I love you." Marvin exclaimed, placing both hands over his heart for dramatic effect.

  Whizzer laughed at the other man's childish behavior, shacking his head fondly. He felt like he's known the other man for years, instead of just meeting him yesterday, or rather, this morning. That's when Whizzer Brown realized that soulmates weren't bullshit.

-1042-

A/N- Holy shit, that's a long chapter. Lol sorry if it sucks, I just re-watched Szin's 'the string' animatic and I was for some reason (probably because she's a queen) really inspired. (Also, I never fucking edit my stories, so if i screw something up, let me know) Also I'm so, so sorry it's a day late (late for dinner late again), yesterday was Easter and I was out all day, so again: sorry.