Chapter Thirteen: Unlikely Love.

Start from the beginning

"W-wait... Could you be... Shuichi?" The male stuttered out quietly, hesitantly stepping towards the entrance.

"K-Keebo?" Shuichi replied, his mouth slightly ajar. "Why are—"

"I hired him to help me out recently," Kaito interrupted, motioning for Keebo to come forward. "I had Maki to help me out before, but..." He trailed off, his gaze meeting the floor for a few seconds, then he raised his head again, a smile coming to his lips; though, it seemed a tad forced. "I mean, I love her and all, but she wasn't that great when it came to technical stuff."

"I am extremely confused," Keebo spoke quietly, taking a slow, hesitant step into the apartment. After doing so, his gaze met mine and he gave me a questioning look, which I took as him silently asking permission. Once I nodded, he quickened his pace, then went to stand beside Kaito.

"Anyway," Kaito said, rubbing the back of his neck. "We came here for a reason."

"We did?" Keebo questioned, peering up at the loud male.

"Yeah, I told you that we were going to find Maki," he replied, a bit of annoyance in his tone. "Geez, do you ever listen?"

"You're the one not listening or being reasonable..." Keebo replied with just as much annoyance, his eyes narrowing and his lips falling into a straight line. "You just forced your way into someone's home..."

"If you want to know where Maki is, you better answer my questions," I spoke up rather loudly, causing all three of the male's to look towards me. "How the hell did you find my apartment, Kaito?"

"Oh, uhh," he said. "That weird girl told me your address. So, when you told me you knew where Maki was, I rushed right over." His eyes left mine, darting around the room as if he were looking for something. "Hey, is that weird girl not here anymore?"

"B-but, how did you get here so fast?" Shuichi asked. "I know you don't live far, but..."

"I'm pretty surprised I didn't get arrested for driving so fast," he replied, laughing rather casually.

"I still have motion sickness..." Keebo muttered, gripping the collar of his shirt.

"Okay, for Maki," I began, a sigh escaping my lips before continuing, "she lives in this apartment complex too, but if you just rush over there right now she will probably kill you." I placed my hands upon my hips, narrowing my eyes. "And S/N went home."