Is Our Friendship More Important?

Chapter 13

Zeniya was at work cleaning lost in her thoughts about Kali, Joe, and her family. It had been a year since her euphoric night with Joe. They decided that their friendship was more important than their unsure desires. Zeniya was still going on dates with Chad and Joe was seeing a girl from around town. Joe really didnt like Chad and told Zeniya he didn't want Chad in the with Kali. Zeniya understood perfectly and kept Chad far from their house. She told Joe to do the same with his friend. Zeniya didn't want Kali getting use to unimportant people.
Zeniya walked out the room as her co-worker Melody met her. They walked to the lounge room.

"Hey lady, you about to clock out"? Melody asked as Zeniya took put the equipment away.

"Yea, I cant wait to get off and get a shower". Zeniya told Melody as they went over to their lockers.

Zeniya got her bag and went and clocked out.

"Okay, Mel. I'm out. See you tomorrow". Zeniya said leaving.

Melody waved and Zeniya went home. When she came in the front door everything was normal, the lights were off and the atmosphere was calm and quiet. Telling her that Kali and Joe was asleep. She took off her shoes at the door followed by her clothes (Her nightly routine). She put her clothes over her shoulder going to her room. She heard a female giggling followed by loud kissing sounds. She walked over to see Joe sitting on the couch with a stanger in his lap. Anger came over Zeniya like sound waves. She went to the back and took a bath. Then got dressed. She put her shoes on then went in Kali's room. She packed his diaper bag and got Kali. Zeniya came back walking to the front door. Joe heard her walking and pushed the girl off him. He attempted to hid the girl as the lights flew on.

"So much for keeping people away from Kali. Huh"?

"Niya". Joe said.

"Who is this"? The woman said.

"Nobody". Zeniya said.

"Zeniya, I can explain".

"No, no. You dont want me to have my friend over around our son, but you can have some bitch in here around him.

"Excuse me"! The woman said.

"Shut the fuck up! Look, once I calm down.... we'll come back home". Zeniya said leaving.

"Where you going"? Joe shouted.

"Chad's house". Zeniya said slamming the front door.

Zeniya put Kali in the car seat as Joe came out there. She locked the door when she was done. She closed the door as Joe followed her.

"Niya, please". Joe begged.

"Joe, I know we not together, but we decided to co-parent. You are the one that came up with the fucking rules.... enjoy your company". Zeniya said getting in her car.

"Niya, you dont have to go". Joe said.

Zeniya closed the door and soon backed out the driveway. Joe looked at the woman as she stood in the door.

"I think you should leave".

"Well, she's gone now. We can finish what we started". She said.

"You mean what you started and where is your brother"? Joe asked.

"Oh. . . . . He coming. I called him". She lied.

Joe went back in the house and paced the floor as he repeatedly called Zeniya. Zeniya cut her phone off and went to her parents house. Zeniya and Kali went in and went to bed.

The next morning, Kali woke up and slid down out the bed. Then he opened the door and went to Demonte's room. Kali looked around as he spotted computers, keyboards, guitars, and sound boards. Kali smiled as he came up to a small laptop. He pressed the only button he could reach. Which was the spacebar.

Music started to play loudly as Kali jumped back

Music started to play loudly as Kali jumped back. Demonte jumped up looking around.

"What the fuck"? He said.

Kali looked at Demonte and ran to him.

"Mon". Kali cried.

Demonte scooped Kali in his arms and went to turn the music off. When the music went off. He checked his saved files and looked at Kali.

"Where you come from, lil man"? Demonte asked as he kissed Kali's forehead.

"Mommy".

Demonte and Kali went to the kitchen and ate some snacks. Soon, Devin's girlfriend Selina came in there.

 Soon, Devin's  girlfriend Selina came in there

"Hey, is that your son"? Selina asked.

"Nah. Say hey, Kali". Demonte said.

"Hey Kali".

Kali hid his face in Demonte's chest.

"Now you know you not shy, Kali". Demonte said as Kali smiled.

Salina went on and got some water. The she headed back to Devin's room.

Devin was sitting up in the bed as Salina came in smiling.

"What you smiling about"? He asked.

"Kali, he is so cute. I told him hey and he hid in Demonte's chest. He has the most beautiful smile I have ever since". Salina said.

"Wait, Kali is here". Devin said excited to see his grandson.

Devin jumped up and went to find Kali. He went to the kitchen and looked at Kali.

"Papa"! Kali screamed reaching for Devin.

Later, Zeniya woke up and met everyone in the kitchen. They all looked at her as like she had something on her face. Zeniya simply smiled as she hugged on Zenyatta. Zenyatta kissed her forehead and caressed Zeniya in her arms.

"You okay baby"? Zenyatta asked as Zeniya sighed deeply.

"Yes ma'am. I'm just tired and wanted to sleep. I been having .... um, dreams that seem like that not going away". Zeniya said talking around the truth on why she was really there.

Zeniya's phone started ringing in her pocket as muted it. She smiled and went around and kissed Devin on his cheek followed by kissing Demonte on his cheek. Kali grabbed for her. Zeniya smiled and she got Kali in her arms. Kali giggled uncontrollably as Zeniya gave him kisses.