So Tired

Chapter 20

It had been exactly six month since the drama that went on. Zeniya had just gotten off of work and was headed to go get Kali from her dad's house. When she got there, Devin was playing the piano, Demonte was gone and Zenyatta was in the kitchen with Kali. Zeniya walked in the kitchen and kissed Kali on forehead as he colored in his colouring book.

"Hey mama, how you doing today"? She said walking over to Zenyatta.

Zenyatta turned and hugged her daughter as she heard the tiredness in her voice.

"I'm good baby, how was work"?

"I'm tired mommy. I been running off of fumes since midnight".

"I do wish you would get another job".

"I will when Kali here starts school in a few months". Zeniya said before yawning.

"What about your art"?

"What about it mama"?

"Are you going to do something about it or continue to let it be a hobby"? Zenyatta asked.

"Umm, well. It's a hobby and besides I haven't drawn or painted in so long. . . . . . . Let me go say hey to daddy before I go".

Zeniya walked on in the piano room where Devin was. He looked around at her and smiled.

"Hey Babygirl".

"How are you"? She said as she hugged her daddy.

"I'm good, you coming to get Kali"?

"Yes sir".

"Okay, ole dude still treating you right? I see you still working as a maid". He said as he got up.

"Yes sir.

"Yep, I got to provide for my son".

"But you don't have too". He told her.

"I know daddy. . . . . . We about to head out". Zeniya said before Devin could start lecturing her about settling down.

Something he wished him and Zenyatta would do. Zeniya kissed Devin on the cheek while Selina walked in. Devin looked at Selina.

"Hey, have you met my daughter Zeniya"?

"Hey, I'm Selina". She said.

Zeniya smiled and shook her hand as she thought. Had she met Selina before or not. She couldn't remember. Frankly, she didn't care if she had. All she knew 'This Selina' energy was off. Zeniya hugged Devin again and left.

******
Later, Kali was in the living watching Avatar: The Last Airbend while Zeniya cooked lunch. Her phone rung as she picked it up.

"Hello"? She answered.

"Hey sexy, you home yet? You sound worn out". Joe asked.

"Yes, I am. Oh yeah, I forgot to call you. But we got in safe and sound. Kali is watching he's favorite show". She told him as she bagged up the trash.

"What you doing"?

"Well I'm multitasking. I'm cooking, on the phone and about to take out the trash. Are you coming home for lunch"? She asked heading outside.

"Yeah, I'm almost home. I'll take the trash out when I get home".

"I'm already outside". She told him walking to the trash can.

Soon after Joe pulled in the driveway. He got out and locked his car. A moving truck pulled up next door as the movers jumped out. Joe and Zeniya went inside. Zeniya finished cooking and sat Kali at the table to eat. They ate and Zeniya headed in her room to take a bath. She stripped from her clothes and cut the water on in the shower. Then put her clothes in the hamper. Soon she was in the shower under the warm smoothing water. She took a deep breath then washed the day away. After that she got out the shower and dried off and went on to do her routine. She put on her silk robe and sat on her bed. Then she thought about Kali.

"Kali, I got to get him in the tub". Zeniya said as she walked in the livingroom.

She walked around the couch to get Kali as Joe looked at her shamelessly.

"C'mon baby. Time for your tub".

"NO". Kali snapped taking off running.

"Kali. Joseph". Zeniya pleaded exhausted.

"Dont worry about it, I got him".

"Okay, you do it when you get back from work. If you want too".

"Or I can do it now". Joe said getting and walking over to Zeniya.

Are you going back to work"? Zeniya asked as Joe hugged on to her.

"That's the about being in charge. I can come and go. Beside I'm needed here. Go laid down and keep the robe on until I get there". He told her before kisding her lips.

"Eww". Kali said peeking around the corner.

Zeniya broke the kiss and looked around until she saw Kali's big beautiful grey eyes. They looked at him as he smiled warning their heart.

"You get ready to take a bath sir". Zeniya said.

"What. . . . . No". Kali said.

"Dont talk back to your mother son. You not going to win". Joe told him.

Zeniya went back in her room and closed the door.

-----------