It was probably the same moment he realizes that he’s already keeping in too much pain. Well, I guess it’s really like that. The moment you realize the pain that kept hidden on you for a long time is the moment you’ll realize how big the changes it already inflicted on you.

In his case, he became more distant. No one can enter his world anymore. As for me, I became iced-cold just like him. We were still by each other’s side like we used to since we were kids. But we know that we’re both different now. We changed. It’s like part of us were forcibly taken away that same moment Ally died. I felt my heart burns with just this thought.

All along, I was wrong. I thought it was Anika that Yukio likes. I thought it was her that he cherishes the most. I did not see this coming. I thought I already know him that much. I did not expect that it’s really Ally who he has feelings with. I felt like I was stabbed at the back by the person I trusted the most.

The day after, we searched for him as we did not see him all night after that confrontation with Anika. We found Yukio in his room with hands still bleeding and his mirror are all broken into pieces. Yukio is not the type to do this. He’s not a hard-ass. That is when I realized that he really did love her. Instead of anger, I pitied him.

He just probably realized that he’s still in pain and is just hiding it just like the rest of us. I can’t blame him anymore. Ally is not hard to love at all. Well aside from her pretty face, you’ll fall for her as soon as you know her.

I sighed. Yukio. How is he doing nowadays? I hope he’s currently well.

Yukio and I were cousins. More of like brothers really. We grew up together. He’s the silent type and I am his opposite. The outspoken one. When we’re still kids, our parents often joke about us being the North and South Princes. You know the magnet’s two sides? Though we we’re opposite, we still attracts.

Yukio Toshiro Hayase the North prince and Kahel Gavin Hayase the South prince.

My thoughts were interrupted when I looked in front and saw this girl who was just inside my head earlier. The reason of my chaotic thoughts right now. I blinked my eyes because I thought that she’s just a figment of my imagination.

But, shit! It’s her. Unsure why, I stood up and looked at her. Trying to figure out how come she is still standing in front me and was about to introduce herself.

I-i thought she was dead?

Isn’t she?

Ally is dead.

Carried by our own wheelchairs, we are all there at the hospital the day the nurses pronounced she was dead. That girl can’t be her. But I wasn’t in her burial so I cannot confirm, right? It’s a possibility she’s alive right now.

I was transported back to Japan with Yukio right after her operation. Moreover, Anika said the same thing. Damien and Paul looked devastated after that incident as well. So it can’t be a lie. We all know that she’s dead. As for Luke, I don’t have any idea where he is right now. He got the same injury as Ally but I guess he survived knowing how wealthy his family is. His father will do his best to save their one and only heir.

Unlike Luke, Ally’s a different story.

This girl really looks like her. Though her hair is shorter than what I can remember. But still, the face, eyes, and lips. They’re all hers.

“Is there something wrong Mr. Kahel Gavin Hayase?” our professor asked. Ooops, I was really standing far too long already. I just needed to confirm something. She doesn’t have to call me by my complete name. I exhaled noisily for our professor to hear it.