Right as I stepped outside, I realized I left my prop cable box inside. I went back inside and heard hushed voices from the deck.

I snuck inside and hid out of view from the deck, but still could hear everything.

“Did you do it?” I heard Zoe whisper harshly. I widened my eyes in surprise. Why what was she doing?

“Yeah, I took care of it. How about you? “ Mike replied. I could barely contain a gasp. What where Zoe and Mike talking secretly about?

“Yeah I did it. We can’t fail this time. We've failed too many times to count. But luckily, no one's caught on to us. The secret’s safe for now.” Zoe whispered in a hurry.

“Yeah, for now. How long will we be able to pull it off?” Mike asked.

My mind was racing? The only explanation for this was that… that they were working for the bad guys. Did all of my friends betray me? I needed to hear the rest of the conversation.

“Hopefully until our plan goes into action, which will be tomorrow. Ben’s gonna be so blindsided.”

Did Zoe admit she's working for SPYDER?

“Yeah he is. They're going to get suspicious if I don't get out there. See you tomorrow I guess. It's annoying they're locking down the tower.” I heard Mike stand up.

“Yeah but you know why,” Zoe replied, “Be safe Mike.”

I could practically see his charming smile, “Always am.” Then I heard a sound that froze me into shock:

The sounds of lips kissing a cheek.

Did Mike just kiss Zoe?! What was going on?!

I heard Zoe giggle after that and shove Mike, saying, “Go, you idiot.”

The screen door was opening so I quickly grabbed the prop box and slipped outside where everyone was.

I was debating whether to tell Erica about what I just heard or not. They didn't outright say they were working with SPYDER but they are up to something suspicious. I decided not to say anything yet but keep a watchful eye out. I was still hoping they weren't working for them. First Audrey now maybe Mike and Zoe.

I second after I came out, Mike came out and clapped his hands together.

“Ready to go?” Mike asked enthusiastically.

“Yeah, we stole two cars. Where's Zoe?” Erica asked.

“Oh I didn't know she had to come,” Mike yelled inside the room, “ZOE! COME ON!”

She came outside, “Why am here?”

“Can you drive?” Chip asked.

“Of course,” Zoe rolled her eyes, “It's standard for agents to know how to drive.”

I didn't know how to drive. We were both only fourteen.

“Okay then let's go. Murray is driving me, Chip and Mike. Zoe, you drive Ben and Jawa.” Erica pointed to two old cars.

“You trust Murray with a car?” I asked, really confused.

“Only because I attached GPS and a remote trigger explosive. If I see either of them not go straight to the motel after dropping us off, they'll go blasting off into a space explosion.” Erica explained.

“Wow, Ice Queen,” Zoe snarled sarcastically, “Thanks for the vote of trust. Really appreciate it.”

Erica said nothing but just glared at her.