X. Liberation at Last!

With the large crowd in shock, it was time for a move. Cassandra and Ajax were able to keep all their current possessions, and they had a special escort from Spartan soldiers. After they had gathered everything and were on their way to their boat ride, they often considered whether this was worth it or not. Ajax wrestled with the thought of, "Was it worth taking Cassandra in, only to be driven out of my own land?" Although these doubts rose, they were always confident in their decisions and in their future as citizens of the island Rhodes.

The travel was easy enough but moving to a new place is always difficult. Luckily, the people of Rhodes were kind to accept a Spartan and an Athenian into their homeland. From there, after they had moved in and had the time to familiarize themselves with the land and its people, Cassandra thought it necessary to record these events. Not only for future reminiscence, but also for good Greek literature.

Ajax and Cassandra lived in Rhodes for the remainder of their lives. Cassandra worked as an architect and politician, and Ajax worked to improve the military force. Rhodes went from a seemingly dead island to a thriving island with its own guards and walls. Ajax and Cassandra displayed the effects and result of true love in action.

Sometimes, love requires sacrifice. This sacrifice is worth the cost as we saw how Cassandra and Ajax were able to thrive in a foreign land. Although the land was foreign, they had been liberated from living a lie. In fact, back in Sparta, they had built a statue to commemorate Ajax for all he had done for the city-state. He not only improved the economy, but also improved the military greatly because of his military and strategic genius. His honoured his parents and Cassandra with his life. Ajax would die on Rhodes, but would be cremated in Sparta. His ashes were spread throughout the city-state. The statue built for Ajax read, "το κόκκινο κατεργάρης (The Scarlet Varlet)"

As for Cassandra, she would go to be an architect for Rhodes. Her work was sometimes sold to Sparta and the Persian Empire for good drachma. She would prove to be a smart politician for Rhodes and she often kept the island from imminent dangers with her great diplomatic skill. She taught a small group of children her military, political, and architectural skills who would go on to carry her legacy into their own lives and work. After she lived a good life, fulfilling all of her dreams, she died while on a business job in Crete. She was returned to Rhodes for her funeral service and buried in Athens beside her parents.