Fetch

Keith had secretly always wanted a dog. Even when he was a child, He absolutely loved animals, especially dogs.

Of course most people who knew him always said that he acted like a grumpy cat and usually assumed that Keith was more of a cat person than a dog---but they were wrong. Sure, cats were freaking adorable and Keith had to agree with the statement that he was more like a cat than a dog....but that didn't mean he liked cats more than dogs.

Since Keith was never a people person and usually kept to himself, he always admired people and animals that were the opposite of that. People that were brave enough to actually approach someone and talk to them. When Keith thought of doing something like that he would shudder and shake his head. He would never do that. That was probably the reason Keith admired Hunk and Lance so much. They were always so open, so friendly, so talkative. Keith would have done anything to be like that if he actually didn't enjoy being alone like he did.

Dogs are usually always social unlike cats, they were....mostly friendly unless you touched their chew toys in which case they will unleash death and great horror upon you, a kid in Keith's first orphanage had learned that the hard way.

The fact that Keith liked dogs so much was probably the reason Keith had opened up quickly to the cosmic space wolf he and his mother had found. Wolves were similar to dogs except the fact that they were much much more aggressive. 

After the first few weeks of raising Kosmo, Keith decided that he would try and teach
Kosmo a few tricks, like he had seen people do with their dogs before.

The first trick he tried to teach Kosmo was to sit, it took Keith about 4 days to teach the wolf that.

The next trick Keith tried to teach Kosmo was to roll over, this one was harder to teach than sitting and took a full week and that was because on the 3rd day Krolia had joined in.

Keith continued to teach Kosmo these tricks. It took about 2 months for Kosmo to learn how to  jump, lay down, and stay. Even though it took 2 months, Keith didn't really care about how long it took since time was irrelevant in the Quantum Abyss. 

After Keith was sure Kosmo had "mastered" the tricks, He decided to move to fetching...and that's when it got harder.

The first time Keith threw a rolled up ball made from leaves and twigs from the forest, Kosmo had simply stared as the rolled up ball hit the ground and break. Keith realized 2 things then, 1: These was going to take a while, and that 2: He needed a better ball.

Krolia had come to the rescue for the 2nd thing, she had made a round smooth ball from materials on the space whale they had found. Krolia then offered to help Keith teams Kosmo how to fetch and Keith had agreed.

But they still couldn't teach Kosmo how to fetch, no matter how hard they tried. Soon enough the mother and son lost hope. But they kept trying anyway.

One night, while the trio was asleep. One of the forest creatures decided that they wanted Galra/Human meat for dinner and had attacked them. Krolia had been the first one to get to their feet when the creature had let out a hiss, she quickly grabbed for her gun but was slammed against the tree before she could reach it.

Keith and Kosmo got up quickly soon after. Keith let out a cry, seeing his mother unmoving. Keith quickly grabbed his knife and took a stance as his blade grew into the sword, He ran at the creature with his sword raised and landed a hit on one of it's  8 legs. The creature let out a hiss of pain before smacking the weapon out of the half breed' s hands. Keith's heart sank as he watched in horror at his sword flying out if his hands. Krolia slowly sat up, her eyes widening at the sight of her earthborn son and space wolf in danger.

Before Keith or Krolia could even react, Kosmo disappeared from Keith's side with a blue cloud, Keith watched in shock as his cosmic wolf reappeared next to the sword midair and opened its mouth to catch the weapon. The wolf caught the weapon and dissapeared again before reappearing by Keith's side with the knife in his mouth.

"You!---How did?--" Keith stammered, truly taken by surprised, Krolia wasnt doing any better with the sudden turn of events.

The creature let out another hiss which broke Keith's trance. The half-breed quickly sidestepped an attack by the creature before finishing it off with the blade.

Keith turned around to face the wolf once he had made sure the creature was dead while Krolia slowly made her way to where the wolf stood.

Keith's face broke into a proud smile, mirroring his mother's as the two stared at Kosmo. "He did it! He actually did it!" Keith wanted to squeal excitedly but quickly stopped himself.

"Good job buddy." Keith said with a happy sigh, patting Kosmo's head. Keith did love dogs, but he definitely loved wolves that could teleport more.