A Long Time

The last time Lance had seen Kosmo and Keith was over 4 years ago, it had been 4 years since Lance had seen any of the Voltron paladins. It had been 4 years since Allura's----Lance's first love---death too. But Lance had moved on, which was what he knew Allura would want him to do too.

Lance still farmed, but that wasn't the only thing he did. He would never waste his life like that.

But that wasn't important, what was important was the fact that a lot of things have changed since the last time he'd seen Keith and his space wolf.  And when he said a lot, He meant a lot.

For one, Kosmo was the size of a horse now and doesn't seem to realize that since the wolf had almost jumped on top of him when he saw him, luckily Keith had stopped him but that didn't prevent the space wolf from giving Lance a lick that covered his face and shirt with saliva. The others had a good laugh at that.

Speaking of others,  Keith had changed too, He had grown out his hair and now wore it in a ponytail and was a lot kinder than before.  Not to mention that he smiled a lot more too.

Other than that, Kosmo was just as attached to Keith as he was 4 years ago and Keith still looked pretty emo.

Lance honestly liked the changes, though he would never admit it. He liked that Keith wasn't as much of an ass as be--

"Hey Lance," Keith's voice interrupted him from his thoughts. "What are you staring at the wall like an idiot for?"

Scratch that, Keith was still just as much an asshole as before.

"Hey! What do you mean? I'm not an idiot!" Lance exclaimed in response. Keith laughed, it sounded nice. Lance decided he liked Keith's laugh. "Yeah, sorry you're not an idiot." The half galra apologized. "I was just a little concerned as to why you were staring at nothing like that."

Lance blinked, surprised. Sure he knew that Keith was friendlier than before but damn he did not expect him to apologize.

Keith seemed to have seen how shocked he looked because he rolled his eyes, "Yeah I  apologized. Big deal."

Just then, Kosmo teleported beside where Keith sat, which was across from where Lance sat. Lance gawked at the giant wolf while Keith patted the wolf's head. Kosmo barked happily and licked Keith's hand, who looked fine with the saliva.

"I've changed since I left for the Blade of Marmora," Keith began, "And it's all because I had support from something that never gave up on me, something that stayed by my side even at the most dangerous of situations. Even when no one else was there." He said softly.

Lance stared at Keith.  "Who--?"

"Kosmo." Keith replied, giving Kosmo a scratch behind the ear that made the wolf pant happily.

"He's probably the most loyal out of everyone I know and the one thing I trust more than anyone." Keith said with a smile.

He sighed, looking fondly at his dog companion, "I wouldn't trade him for the world."

Lance stared at the two. It may have been a long time, but Keith and Kosmo looked just as attached as ever, and that made him happy.

Lance sighed softly, smiling. "I know you wouldn't."