treinta y tres

"-5, 6, 7, 8.  1 and 2, 3, 4, 5 hit 6, 7, sharp!"  The choreographer yelled over the music.  The dancers all stopped in their poses as the music cut, and people were panting.  "Less panting before we do conditioning again!"  He reminded, making the large breaths stop as everyone, even Beyonce, silently calmed down.

"Take it from the step routine."

(5:05)

"Alright, that's it.  It's 8 o'clock, so you can all go home." Another choreographer said. "We're almost halfway done with this dance, and I expect to see all of you tomorrow."

Tatiana and all the dancers walked to their section like they have been for the pass 2 weeks. It was like a quick water break before they went to help the drumline put their things away because the faster they cleaned up, the sooner everyone could go home. For a week, Oscar had to handle things with the Santos and the Prophets, so Tatiana drove herself, but now that he had everything handled, he was back in the parking lot.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow." Tatiana waved. She walked down the hallway and at the end of it, Oscar was sitting on the couch scrolling through his phone. "Hey, pendejo." Tatiana greeted, making Oscar look up from his phone.

"Pendejo? Should I just throw this away then?" Oscar asked, holding up the Starbucks that he went out of his way to get.  Tatiana reached for the cup, then groaned when Oscar held it above his head.

"Oscar, I'm average height." Tatiana whined, jumping up to try and get the drink.  "Not everyone is a beanstalk."

At one point, Tatiana's jumping landed her off the floor with Oscar holding her up with one arm. "Tati, you left your—" The dancers all stopped, seeing one of their friends on a guy with a teardrop on his face. Tatiana hopped down with her drink in her hand, and looked to one of the friends she made. "Uh, your phone."

"Thanks."  Tatiana said, grabbing the phone out of the dancers outstretched hand.  "I'll see you guys tomorrow."

The dancers watched in shock as the sweet, innocent Tatiana walked out laughing with a cholo.  "Maybe he's her brother."

"I doubt it."

Tatiana continued laughing as she and Oscar walked to the car with his arm around her shoulders.  "Don't worry about them.  They're from out of state and don't really see a lot of Latinos.  Let alone cholos."

"I felt them judging."  Oscar squinted, looking back to the double doors of the building.

Tatiana sighed and grabbed Oscar's hands as he leaned against the car.  "Well, you shouldn't care about what they think because at the end of the day, I'm still yours.  Besides, they don't know you like I know you." 

Tatiana cradled his face with one hand and smiled as she looked down at his lips.  "You just gonna stare at my lips the whole time?"  Tatiana nodded jokingly and smiled as Oscar pulled her closer and kissed her.  When they pulled away, he jumped up and dug through his pocket.  "Look what I found under my bed."

Oscar held the silver necklace and let the Santos cross dangle.  It was the cross he got her for her 14th birthday with the engraving on the back.  "Seriously?  I left it under your bed?"

Oscar hummed as he nodded his head.  "Guess we got too carried away that one night."  He shrugged.  "Let me put it on you."  Without a word, he went behind Tatiana so they were both facing the impala and laid the cross on her chest as he hooked the back.  "Cesar and Sad Eyes told me you never took this off until that one puto.  So I thought you'd want it back."

Tatiana nodded, looking down at the necklace.  "Yeah, I wanted everyone to know that the Spooky claimed me."  Tatiana said teasingly.  "Can we go home now?  I'm hungry and I'm pretty sure I just got like 6 bites just standing out here."

Oscar nodded and pulled the keys out of his pocket.  "Wanna drive?"  Tatiana's eyes lit up and she nodded, reaching for the keys.  However, Oscar pulled them back with a laugh.  "I was kidding."

Sorry it's really short :/

WHAT DO YOU GUYS WANNA SEE MORE OF???  I feel like a lot od things are repeated, so what things do you miss/wanna see?