once

Three days later, Tatiana sat in the Diaz house since Oscar claimed that Ruby and Cesar weren't finished cleaning the mess. Since she could barely move her upper body and only one leg was moveable, Oscar insisted she say with him since she lived alone. He even brought her dog over who hadn't left her side since the move.

Now, she was on the couch watching TV while Oscar was outside with his gang members, as always. He didn't know, but she ordered pizza because she couldn't find anything in the kicthen.

"Tati, did you order pizza?"

Instantly, she perked up and was about to stand to get her wallet. "Where's the delivery person?"

"He left, so free pizza." Oscar responded, handing her the box before she could stand and strain herself. She easily took the pizza box and thanked him before digging in.

Oscar walked back outside and the cholos were talking quietly. "Fuck you guys talkin' about?"

"Spooky, tu novia has you whipped."

Oscar scoffed and grabbed the blunt from behind his ear. "She ain't my novia. Tati's just Cesar's friend."

"You've been saying that since she was 14." The cholo laughed, only becoming serious when the glare was set on Oscar's face.

At night, Tatiana sat in the bath tub with her cast wrapped and bubbles floating around her. Because she didn't want to risk slipping in the shower and hurting herself even more, she decided to take the safer route and just sit. In all honesty, the warm water did make her ribs a little less painful. After a little struggle, she got out without straining her ribs too much, but it was then that she realized she couldn't wrap them without putting pressure on her ribs. She put clothes on, then peeked her head out of the bathroom door.

"Oscar?" Her voice echoed down the hallway and she was about to call his name again until he rounded the corner.

"Did you fall again?"

"What? No, I need help with wrapping the bandage around my ribs and I don't think Cesar wants to see my boobs."

Towards the end of her sentence, Oscar grimaced before walking into the bathroom and closing the door behind him. Tatiana, perched up on the counter, was mostly dressed, but all she had on top was her shirt pressed against her chest. It was a little awkward to stand topless in front of her ex... fling? Nevertheless, she handed him the wrap and lifted her elbows so he could wrap her ribs without her getting in the way.

It was silent as he did so and when he finished, the two stared at each other for a while. Tatiana had whispered a "thank you", but it had seemed to go unnoticed by the both of them. It probably would've looked awkward because there sat an 18 year old, topless with wet hair as a cholo stared up at her, or her lips. Without another word, Oscar started to back up and left the bathroom, leaving the dancer staring at the door. This is about to be a long month.

×××

When Tatiana climbed out of the cherry red car, all eyes were on her and then Cesar who got out after her. The freshman held her backpack while Tatiana crutched beside him to get through the school gates. "Tati! Girl, I thought someone kidnapped you from the hospital." Aiyana, her best friend, exclaimed as she ran up to Tatiana and cautiously wrapped her arms around her. "When did you start getting more Spooky dick?"

"Cállate, cabrón." Tati whispered harshly, gesturing to the little brother of the person she mentioned. "He just picked me up from the hospital and insisted I live with him and Cesar until my ribs heal and I can do things." She explained.

"Hey, class is in like 10 minutes. I'll see you later, Tati." The freshman told her as he handed her backpack over to her best friend and walked to his friends.

"So, anything with Spooky aka tu futuro esposo?"

Tati shook her head as they walked to Calculus. "You're too much. And we aren't even dating."

"Not yet." Aiyana said in a sing-song tone. Ay Díos mío.

By the time lunch came around, everyone was starving and much to Tati's pleasure, her tray was carried for her.

Tatiana went through the rest of the day and to her, the only highlights were that she had people carry all her things and that she got to use the elevator instead of the stairs. Oh, and because of her wrist, she got less homework from the teachers who liked her. Other than that, school was school and she was still bummed out about missing practice for a month.

Aiyana and one of the male dancers walked with her to the front of the school and right in the center of the pick up was the red impala. The area around him was empty and once Oscar saw Tati, he got of the car which caused everyone to go a different direction.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow."

Tatiana and Oscar met at the passenger door and everyone did a double take as they watched the two together. Oscar put her crutches in the back seat and then gently held onto the senior while helping her into the seat. Seeing Oscar being somewhat soft was new to everyone, except Tatiana and Cesar. When he turned around to go back to the driver's seat, everyone was still staring until he glared and they all took off running.

This was all new to Tatiana. Sure, Oscar took care of her before he was arrested, but now that they've been through more and were closer (more ways than some), it felt different. The two sat silently and let the old rap music play through speakers. Tati wanted to say something, but after the conversation that almost ended them, she didn't want to jeopardize the relationship; not when it's going as amazing as it is.

This is short, but the next chapter is about their past.