I raised a brow, "Is that so? I can't believe he accepted it."

"He was very stubborn at first, reminds me very much of you but he accepted in the end. You didn't accept the car I offered when we were together."

"I didn't want to take material things from you because I don't want people thinking I'm a gold digger."

"That's your downfall right there Alyssa, you're always in your head, thinking too hard not even realizing the good things in front of you."

I swallowed the knot in my throat before looking into his eyes. "I guess you're right."

I stood up from the chair and left his office.

I went to my room and phoned both my parents separately asking them to drive to Manhattan seeing that it was the weekend and they both didn't work on the weekends.

I called Jada and Amanda also and invited them. I wanted this get together to seem as normal as possible.

~~~

Next Day

I was up the next day in the afternoon making dishes with the help of Cristiano. Elijah said that even though I wanted to do everything I still needed help. I tried not to eat out too much of what I was making but I just couldn't stop I was always hungry.

"Alyssa!" Elijah yelled and I walked to the living room to meet him.

"I'm here."

I watched as he scanned my legs when I came into his view before he quickly brought his eyes up to look at me.

"T-the distributors are waiting on you to sign for the wine."

"Tell them I'll be there soon I need to change."

"Damn straight," he muttered but I hear him.

I pull my silk bed shorts down a little further and his eyes follow my action.

"Or better yet you sign for it, it's your money being spent after all."

"I told you I wasn't getting involved in this."

"You're just signing for something Elijah, I assure you it's not too much work."

He sighed before trudging off to sign for them.

~~~

Later on, Santino and Dante arrived separately and Franco showed up with none other than the woman from Elijah's office on his arm.

Elijah was telling the truth after all. I really have severe trust issues.

Franco introduced me to her who's name I now know is Teresa. He tells me about how hard he had to work to get her to be his girlfriend while she stood by his side smiling.

Amanda and Jada arrived together and chipped in to help me in the kitchen.

Amanda begged me for forgiveness but I assured her that what she did, was the right thing for her to do.