(07.) COMPROMISED.

"Мне жаль"

2014, NEW YORK

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

2014, NEW YORK

THE compound was quiet enough for you to hear a pin drop. The moment Elise walked out of the room, her trance stopped. She froze in her place as she replayed what just happened. She couldn't comprehend what she just did. Bucky's body lay still on the ground behind her, almost lifeless.

Elise slowly shifted her body to face the ground in front of her. She could see the slight rise in Bucky's chest as each second passed. Her mind sorted through every possible explanation for the most recent event, she almost killed Bucky. Her knees hit the ground as her hands shook trying to find a place to put them. Suddenly she lifted his head into her lap, moving the hair away from his eyes. Tears threaten to spill from her eyes.

Tapping into his mind all she could see was haze. His heartbeat was slow, but quickening as time went on. Elise could feel her nerves sharpening as he wasn't moving or waking up. "Bucky c'mon, wake up, please!" Desperation coated her voice.

Elise knew she was crying when her eyes started to sting and a tear landed on Bucky's cheek. She thought of that one movie scene where the girl's tears suddenly healed the man, sadly she wasn't in a fairy tale.

Bucky's eye's fluttered as his fingers twitched. Elise watched him attentively, praying this wasn't her mind making her see what she wanted. "Bucky..."

The man was disoriented, he looked everywhere else around the room before meeting El's eyes. "What...happened?" His brows furrowed as he waited for the answer.

"I don't kno- I'm not sure," Elise stuttered, struggling to speak. "I'm sorry Bucky, I didn't do it on purpose I swear."

The girl removed her hands from Bucky and covered her tear stained cheeks before her head sunk low. Her hands shook before she clenched them into a fist. Bucky propped himself on his elbows, "It's okay, Elise."

His voice was soft, a vast difference from his deep, sharp tone. "I know you didn't mean it."

Elise spoke into her hands, a muffled mess resulting. "I shouldn't be here, Steve should've locked me away when he had the chance. I shouldn't be around anyone."

Bucky reached out to Elise, his hand on her wrist, hoping to pry them away from her face. "El it's okay, don't worry about me I'm fine."

"No, no it's not fine." Elise shook her head at Bucky, his eyes started to gloss. "I don't belong here, I can't do this anymore. It's not safe for anyone." Elises' voice was thick with tears, coated in pain as she cried on the floor. Bucky slowly moved from her lap trying not to startle her with his movements. Elise frantically looked around the room for a way out. I way out from this room, away from herself, away from anyone.

"Elise, look at me." Bucky fought for El's attention in this battle against herself. She tried to resist any more tears but her emotions took control. When her eyes met Buckys, they looked at each with remorse. Elise chocked out a sob, Bucky sighed.

"Please, Bucky. Let them take me away, I can't-" Elise stopped herself before could break any more.

A quiet knock on the door caused silence, "Is everything okay in there?" The door was pushed open slowly by Natasha, she eyed the room for any threats like it was second nature before focusing on Elise. "Why are you crying? Are you hurt?"

Elise flickered her pleading eyes from Bucky to Natasha. Bucky looked at El one last time before standing up and leaving the room, he shared a look with Natasha that told her everything. Bucky ventured towards med, his head feeling fuzzy and his body suddenly weighing him down before he suddenly collapsed in the middle of the hallway.

"Miss Romanoff, your assistance is needed on level three. Mr Barnes is compromised."

——

"He's technically brain dead but his vitals read healthy which means he should be okay in the long run." Dr Cho spoke quietly between Natasha and herself for El's benefit.

"Do you know what caused this?" Natasha stood poised, her arms crossed over her chest. Dr Cho looked to the closed door to ensure Elise wasn't listening.

"It was as if someone vacuum sealed his brain, his oxygen supply was cut off as well as his nervous system basically shutting down for a few seconds. Scientifically that would make him dead at that moment but he is in fact alive." The doctor placed Bucky's chart at the end of his bed. Bucky lay sound asleep, his chest rising slowly, to the untrained eye he would appear dead.

Helen faced Natasha with a question on her tongue. "Do you think she did this on purpose, El?"

"He didn't get the chance to tell me what exactly happened and she won't tell me, but no. I don't think she did this on purpose, she was too wrecked about it, just didn't feel intentional." Natasha said nothing more before leaving the room. Outside, Elise was pacing up and down the hall, she appeared to be talking to herself before Nat caught her attention, now all her words were directed at Natasha.

"Just tell me he's going to be okay." Tears threatened to spill from her eyes, Natasha nodded her head yes before saying anything. "He's going to be okay, but you need to tell me what happened. Everything, El please."

AUTHORS NOTE:

Just like the last chapter, I have no clue what this was. Sorry that it took the time that it did, I had school work that I had to procrastinate for lol. I was going to make act 1, this, ten chapters but I think I'm going to make it eight cause I don't want to drag this on for too long, so yeah.

This ain't edited and I don't know when I wrote it lol.

Love, bells.