(03.) KILL MISSION.

" Зимний солдат "

2014, NEW YORK

ELISE woke up to the smell of bubblegum, the familiar smell of Zyklon b. It would kill her in minutes but whoever was using it on her didn't plan on letting her go so easily. Once Elise was fully conscious she tugged at her restraints which dug into her wrists causing her to yelp out at the sharp pain.

"Do you like my new feature? I thought 'why not add some nails, it'll look more fashionable' so I did." The male in front of her looked familiar, just slightly taller.

"Who are you?" Elise's voice was hoarse and thick. "I thought the eyes would've been a dead give-away, Adrian Kazimir. You know my father, Sasha." He flashed a smile. "Sorry, my bad, our father." Adrian let out a laugh.

Elise fell back against the hospital bed and let out a strained sigh. "What happened?" She whispered to herself. 'You failed.' The voices were back.

"So how'd you kill that agent?" Adrian was busy fixing something that Elise couldn't see, but he spoke surprisingly in a nice tone. Elise thought back to the conference room, how she had killed that woman, who was just trying to help. "I-I think it was what HYDRA put inside me. I would never do that to anyone." Elise spoke willingly, hoping Adrian would go easy on her if she complied.

"You do realise you have killed more than just that one agent? or did they wipe that from you too?" Adrian waited for an answer.

"I don't really know anymore. My memory comes and goes." Elise said slowly. Adrian turned around at the last word, holding what looked like a gas mask. "You know how this works yes?" Adrian waited exactly as he did before. "Yes."

"Well, today it's going to work a little differently." Elise didn't pay attention to his sick tone, instead, she started asking questions. "Why don't you have an accent?" Her eyes trained on the roof but her attention was solely on him.

"Well, father married a Russian lady but decided to move to a new location, America. I was young. I grew up around Americans. He moved from Chicago to Texas and all around south but decided to settle down in the east. Hence why we are in New York." Adrian almost acting like an ally.

"You're too nice to work with hydra, I don't understand any of this." El's voice was rough, almost to the point of her losing it.

"I work for my father, I don't do this for HYDRA, I do it for him." Adrian looked to his half-sister longingly as if he felt bad for her but he snapped out of his emotional trance. "I'm really sorry I have to do this to you." Adrian then placed the gas mask over the already drugged girl, she put up no fight against her brother.

"This'll work like a truth serum, you'll give me the information needed and I'll get you to forget today's activities and you can return to Captain America."

Adrian sat adjacent to El's bed, he sat with a composed gaze upon the girl. "How old are you, Elise." 20. "What is your full name?" Elise Jane Vance. "What is your birthday?" November 14th 1952. "Okay, we are ready for testing."

"This is Adrian Kazimir, I am with test subject A015, also known as Elise Vance. Miss. Vance will be answering a series of questions. Miss. Vance, can you please tell me what your superhuman ability is. Please explain every detail and give examples." Adrian then sat back waiting for the girl to speak.

"With my mind, I can alter the thoughts and feelings of any living being. I can make them feel how I want them to feel, do what I want them to do and act how I want them to act. An example would be, I can make you feel like you need to kill a man or make you want to jump off a bridge just by making you believe it's what you want to do. I can make a person believe I'm not standing right in front of them by masking what they see. I can read other peoples emotions and feelings, along with their thoughts. I can make a sad person happy and bad person good just by thinking it." Elise said in a monotoned voice as she stared off into the distance, though in a confined space.

"Thank you, Miss. Vance, very detailed. Now please tell me, what missions were you assigned while you were in HYDRAS restraints."

"I was asked to ready the soldiers before they went on missions, to prep them. As I wouldn't leave the premises myself."

"Can you please explain in more detail." Adrian now tapping his pen against his clipboard which was mainly for decoration but little notes would make their way on the paper here and there.

"I would be told to make them angry like they needed to kill more than they had to." Elise now looking at her fingers which were tangled in each other.

"Can you tell me about the voices?" Adorns spoke softly. "How long have they been there and what they say."

"Ever since I left HYDRA, four years and counting. They tell me to do things like HYDRA would. There are multiple men and women but they usually bleed into one."

"Okay, two more things Miss. Vance, do you remember your encounters with The Winter Soldier?" Adrian was on the edge of his seat once he finished the questions.

There was a long pause as Elise thought back hard, trying to find anything related to The Winter Soldier like she was asked. "I only remember one thing, from 1991. I was brought in to prep The Winter Soldier for his kill mission for the Starks."

"Okay thank you, Elise, you have been more than helpful." Adrian looking down at his clipboard sounding anything less than uninterested. "We have a gift for you, a mission of your own."

Elise looked up with sad filled eyes. "W-why?"

"Because you complied." Adrian gave a half smile. "You are ordered on a kill mission. You will be given a list of names shortly." Adrian now had his back to the girl. "You are the only one who can pull this off. We need you. Father needs you."

Elise hesitantly nodded as she sat with a guilty look on her face. "Here is your list. Go in any order you want, however you want. You have a year. Don't let us down."

Elise looked at the list in horror.

𝗦𝘁𝗲𝘃𝗲 𝗥𝗼𝗴𝗲𝗿𝘀, 𝗧𝗼𝗻𝘆 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗸, 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗮 𝗥𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗼𝗳𝗳, 𝗖𝗹𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝗕𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗼𝗻, 𝗕𝗿𝘂𝗰𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿, 𝗧𝗵𝗼𝗿 𝗢𝗱𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗼𝗻, 𝗪𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮 𝗠𝗮𝘅𝗶𝗺𝗼𝗳𝗳, 𝗡𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗙𝘂𝗿𝘆, 𝗕𝘂𝗰𝗸𝘆 𝗕𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗲𝘀.
- 𝙃

AUTHORS NOTE:

I lied when I said I would update over a week ago I think. I got a virus and couldn't get out of bed and I could not be bothered updating but here I am. Today is my first day of year 10 lol.

written ( Jan 4th/12th 2019. )
edited ( Jan 31st 2019. )

Love, bells.