chapter two !

[ YOUR POV ]

Jack helped me out of the room with the stage, and told me Sadie and I would be able to hang out in the room over.

I sat down and Jack handed me his phone. ( I didn't have one, because there was no way I'd be able to figure out how to use it. ) I stuck it up to my ear and heard Sadie's voice on the other end.

"Hey Jack, whatcha need?" I heard her ask.

"It's um, [Y/N], I was wondering if you could come to the venue I'm at? I can get Jack to text you the address. I need someone to hang out with."

"Yep, I'll ask my parents just to make sure."

"Okay, cool." I responded, happy I wouldn't have to sit there all alone.

"I'll be there soon, bye bestie."

"Bye Sads." Jack slipped his phone back into his pocket after I gave it back to him. I relaxed where I was sitting and Jack turned around.

"I should probably get my bass tuned, do you mind if someone else sits in here with you?" I shook my head.

"No, that's fine. Can you let me know when Sadie gets here?"

"Yep, okay, love you." He said and I smiled.

"Love you too, Jack." I responded before I heard him step out of the room. He was a loud walker.

Before I could count to ten I heard new footsteps in the room. They were quiet, so I expected it to be a girl. ( calling out u penis holders with loud feet 😤😤 )

"Ayla?" I called out and I heard the footsteps stop.

"Uh, no it's um— it's Finn." I heard them, and nodded.

"Were you trying to sneak up on me?" I teased.

"No uh, I just thought you were like resting your eyes or something." They said, and I dropped my smile.

"Oh, no I'm awake." I said quietly.

"Yeah um, sorry." He apologized.

We remained silent for a little while before he took a seat beside me. I could feel the heat practically radiating off him, he was really hot, and probably sweaty.

I giggled to myself thinking about it.

"What?" He asked out loud.

"Nothing, you just feel really warm." He furrowed his eyebrows and turned to me.

"That's a weird observation." I giggled. "So, you've never been to a concert before?"

"No actually, I haven't. My parents don't ever let me go when my favorite bands are in town. Speaking of, I always wanted to join a band but I don't really think that would work out in my favor." I told him, and he adjusted himself so that he was facing me.

( it feels weird writing this because i have to keep in mind she can't see what he's doing ugh )

"That's cool, and you're acting really chill around me." He said, but I took it as him being a little cocky.

"And what's so important about you?" I replied snarkily.

"I'm Finn Wolfhard, y'know? Most of the time people would just scream or cry if they met me." I would've rolled my eyes.

"Right, sure."

"What?" He asked, his voice raising an octave. He sounded ( amusingly ) offended.

"I just really don't see it." I giggled, and soon following up with an apology, so I wouldn't sound rude. "I mean sorry if that's offensive but I don't know."

"Have you never watched Stranger Things? IT?" He asked me, and I shook my head.

"I mean I can't exactly watch them um, my eyes aren't great."

"So you've never heard of me?" I shook my head and I heard him let out a little yelp of excitement. It made me laugh. "That's—that's AMAZING!" He exclaimed.

"How so?" I asked.

"Oh my god, because I can be normal around you." He relaxed himself beside me, and gave me a short side-hug. "You have no idea how happy I am about that."

I turned my head to him. "I think I may have a tiny idea." I teased him and he just smiled.

"So can I ask you a question?" I nodded, so he continued, "Why do you always keep your eyes closed?"

"Oh um, I don't have really great vision so I keep them closed."

"Why not get glasses then?"

"I have cataracts, so they don't exactly um, help."

"Oh.. so you can barely see anything?"

"Yep, it's just a blurred mess."

"Okay, I was just wondering."

"No, it's cool, um—"

"HEY GIRLIE!" Sadie interrupted. "Oh." She followed up and Jack came through the door.

"Sorry I wasn't quick enough to warn you. Finn, c'mon, let's practice."

"Okay." He responded, and the warmth beside me was gone.

[A/N]

WORD COUNT — 787
EDITED !

i wrote the last part while barfing so if it doesn't make sense or it's chaotic that's why 😎

we stan a multitasking queen who calls herself a queen to make herself feel better about herself amiright

ok i'm gonna leave before i embarrass myself