| 21 |

"What?"

Momo stared at him, eyes wide and perplexed by his statement. She was overwhelmed once again. She felt a huge blast of relief at the same time, but also loads of confusion. She didn't understand.

Todoroki sighed. "I need to explain some things first."

"N-No wait .." Momo cut him off. "You .. were the one who I kept texting for months?"

Todoroki met her eyes. She looked desperate for an answer, her eyes said it all. She was pleading for answers, she was begging for them. She must be so confused and tired from all of this. He sighed softly before looking back at the panes. "Yeah."

Momo's heart stopped for a second. The boy he fell in love with and the boy she liked as a best friend .. were the same person the whole time?

I know you, the reader, is not that surprised. You saw this coming.

Momo's brain filled up with more questions. She had so many, it was super overwhelming. She felt like she was drowning in all these questions, and she felt as if her whole life was a lie, like everything she saw was were just hallucinations this whole time.

Her lips were pushed together and so were her eyebrows as she looked away, brainstorming the structure of the situation she was suddenly now put in at the same time, but she didn't have time to continue analyzing.

He glanced at her, and sighed. Seeing her so frustrated and confused felt somewhat heartbreaking and frustrating too. She must be feeling betrayed and beyond confused. He wanted to help her with that. "I'll explain now."

🕟

Todoroki stared blankly at the black binder across right beside his desk as he collected all his belongings into his bag.

Putting his bag on, he grabbed the binder and examined it. There was no name stated on the cover, so he had to flip it open to find the true owner.

Those info fill up pages suddenly appeared as the first.

'NAME: momo yaoyorozu
CONTACT NUMBER: xxx-xxx-xxxx
EMAIL: N/A'

'It's Yaoyorozu's,' He thought to himself. He recalled briefly that the girls were heading out to hang out by the new cafe nearby the campus, so his first instinct was to keep her phone number and contact her regarding the binder.

He took his phone out and began to type the number, saving the contact after that.

And that was how he got her number.

🕟

As he walked in the empty halls, his footsteps echoed. He kept the binder clutched in his hands during his journey to the dorms. The sun was setting, and it felt awfully lonely for some reason.

He didn't hate the lonliness, it was nice.

He glanced at the black binder in his hands, staring at the constellation of the cover. Curiousity starts to engulf him at that moment. What's inside this notebook? It could just be a school notebook filled with notes, but he knew very well Momo's notebooks would have the class's name plastered on the cover for every subject. Like a blue notebook with a piece of paper plastered on it that says 'HERO BASICS' and what not.

Due to mere curiousity, Todoroki flipped the notebook to its real contents, and the first words got him hooked already. It was a story.

He stopped his tracks to read the rest. It was addiciting. The first words made Todoroki immerse in the story already. It was worded right and the vocabulary was incrediblely good, to the point some words were not understandable.