Present: Hope vs. Pain

Back to 'Write That Ballad' shooting... After everyone gave samples, they proceeded to the making of the next ballad hit. The set-up was everyone will make their own song titles, put in a box, and whatever song title is picked will be the song they will make. Everyone already wrote their answers on a small piece of paper and put it in a box. Taeyang was holding the box then he asked the PD to get one paper.

"PD-nim, why don't you pick the winning title so you will be the one bashed." Taeyang joked.

"Yah! Youngbae!" everyone laughed then the PD picked one.

"PD-nim... before you read that, let's read the unchosen ones first." everyone agreed.

"Okay, the first title wasted IU-ssi?" Taeyang asked.

"영감 (inspiration)?" IU said.

"Aish!" Taeyang shouted.

"That seems like it's yours oppa" Chaeng teased.

"Next! I'll tease the next one too."

"Okay... aigoo." IU said.

"Well that seems like it's yours Noona." Yeol teased.

"What's the title unnie?" Chaeng asked.

"잃어버린 사랑 (lost love)" IU answered.

"Ohhh... I like it... sadly, it isn't picked." Taeyang teased.

"And the last unfortunate person is..." everyone was waiting for IU...

"Oh. This title is good." IU said.

"What title unnie?" Chaeng asked.

"너가 떠난 상처 (your wound)." IU said.

"well, that's good. It also seems sad. Who wrote that?" Taeyang asked.

"I did." Chaeng answered.

"wow... you have that in you chaeyoung-ah? daebak!" Taeyang teased.

"seems like we know who won now... chanyeol-ssi?" he continued. The PD then gave the piece of paper he picked to IU.

"또 만나요 (let's meet again)?" IU asked.

"Oh... Yes." Yeol shyly answered.

Everyone was clapping their hands congratulating Chanyeol while Chaeng was flustered. "Is he serious? Do manayo? Let's meet again? Is he playing with me now? Well, let me give you the game you want Yeol." Chaeng then looked at Yeol with sharp eyes. If stares could kill, chanyeol is probably dead by now. Good thing, the PD talked again.

"All right, now that we're all done with the title, we would want you to decide what the theme of the song will be." the PD said.

"Well, it's pretty obvious what people relate to these days... pain. I think we should go with a sad song." Chaeng said.

"If the world already thinks like that, shouldn't we give them a hopeful song?" Yeol said.

"We should give them something they can relate to" Chaeng answered.

"We should give them something they would be inspired to." Yeol answered back.

"What? Give them false hopes?" Chaeng asked again.

"No. Make them believe in love again." Yeol said. They didn't even notice that their voices are getting louder.

"To get hurt again." Chaeng argued.

"With love comes pain." Yeol argued too.

"When you love someone, you don't hurt them."

"When you love someone, you'll get hurt regardless. No matter how small."

"That's why we should do a painful song." Chaeng said.

"That's why we should give them hope." Yeol answered. The conversation is getting pretty heated so they decided to rest for a while.

"Okay guys... This is something we should think about a lot because this will decide the whole song. I think we should think it out for a while." IU said.

"I agree. Why don't we rest for while?" Taeyang said.

"Okay guys... Let's rest for 15 minutes then go back to shooting." the PD said. While the staff were going outside, Taeyang went to the PD.

"PD-nim, that won't air right? And that won't go outside right?" Taeyang said, concerned of both their images.

"Of course, I don't know what's with them two but they gotta fix it or it will affect this." the PD said.

"Okay PD-nim, I'll promise to get to the bottom of this. Thank you." Taeyang said then the PD nodded. 

On the other hand, Chaeng was about to go to the bathroom when Yeol pulled her to an empty studio. It was a good decision though because they weren't heard there.

"Chaeyoung-ah, you're not like this. You're very professional. Why are you being so personal right now?" Yeol asked Chaeng. It's pretty obvious for Yeol that Chaeng is becoming more personal... and it's affecting the process.

"Is it me being personal now? Iris? Let's Meet Again? Those aren't coincidences right?" Chaeng argued.

"Yes it isn't... but I didn't mean it like that. I just... I... I wanted to tell you how I truly feel." Yeol said honestly... but Chaeng isn't convinced.

"You should've done that when you had the chance before... but you didn't. You chose to leave me."

"You're the one who said 'it's over' Chaeng, did you forget?"

"Yes I said that, but you're the one who ended it... and you know exactly what I mean." Yeol knows. At first, he was just really busy but even when the moments he isn't busy, he didn't reach Chaeng. He just felt... felt like who he was before. He missed that. But he was an asshole and he regret that. He did not know what to say.

"You can't say anything right? Because I was right!" Chaeng shouted.

"This isn't a matter of who's right or wrong Chaeng! This isn't about us! It's about the show!" Yeol shouted back. Then, the studio went dead silent. No one muttered a word. It was just two people looking down at the ground, crying. They knew they affected the show and it isn't good. They wouldn't do this on purpose but their emotions got to them.

"What happened to you Chaeng? This isn't you." Yeol broke the silence.

"People change Yeol. Severe pain and 2 years does a lot." Chaeng said then left the room. The studio was now filled with more tears. Yeol was hurt. He was responsible for the pain and he knows that...

Taeyang ran into Chaeng in the hallway and decided to talk to her.

"Chaeyoung-ah... If you don't mind me asking... You and Chanyeol? What exactly happened?" Taeyang asked. Chaeng knew she has to let out her emotions and Taeyang is someone to trust.

"It's simple. We were friends, became more than that, then he just can't be 'distracted' so he left me." Chaeng said. Taeyang had a feeling it was that but he realized... It was more deeper. 

Chaeng must've been really devastated to be that... that... angry.

The Story Behind ~ 𝓅𝒸𝓎 𝓍 𝓅𝒸𝓎जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें