Leadership's Tested with Espionage and Force

Start from the beginning

"Yes sir..." Rex stated and walked off.

Johnson couldn't believe it. Of course his luck decided to run out today when Krell showed up. He put his helmet back on and walked off towards the central gorge. The least he could do is try and keep as many of his men alive as possible.

-=-=-=-=--0=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

He walked passed a large group of troopers all sitting down, trying to 'relax' as best they could before the upcoming fight. Some men saw him and tried to get up to salute him, all Johnson did was walk up to them, place a hand on their shoulder and sit them back down. "Save your strength men... we're in for another tough one soon." the troops could hear the tiredness in his voice. He'd gone days without sleep before, he shouldn't be this tired but he just was.

First off he'd never gone 12 hours of straight marching before today and then right into a firefight afterwords. Secondly, this being a General thing was whole new level of leadership he didn't really want but accepted anyway. If only to make the senetors and the Jedi who volunteered him to shut up. Now having to deal with actually being a general of an army, with other leaders who shove him to the side in exchange for plans that get his men killed?

He could really go for a nap right now.

By the time Johnson got down to the front lines, he was able to listen and hear the clones going through the debriefing.

"-We'll move straight up this gorge, towards the air base on the far side." Rex had just finished his briefing.

That was when The Sergeant listened to the arguments. He couldn't agree with them more.

"The Casualties are going to be high." Ringo needed to be heard.

"Is Krell TRYING to get us killed?!" Tup shouted.

"You know, i wasn't sure Krell was crazy before but now, I'm possitive!" Tup had to let them know.

"We had to retreat from the capital due to a flawed strategy. Now this?!" 5's was honest.

"I don't know. Could be fun~!" Hardcase.

"Well i for one agree with the General's plan." Dogma put in his 2 cents. "We are running out of time and this is the best option we have."

"No recon? No air support?! We don't know what we're up against!" Ringo shouted again. "They have weapons we've never SEEN before!"

"A few of General Skywalker's plans seemed reckless at first, but they worked." Rex tried to reason, to get the tension to die down.

5's wouldn't have it. "Yeah but General Skywalker is usually fighting alongside us on the front. Not hanging in the back like General Krell. A full forward assault would leave us too exposed."

That's when the other troopers all around needed to say something. Many agreeing with 5's and the others, some trying to reason that Krell knew what he was doing like Dogma.

That was when Hardcase finally shouted. "ALRIGHT SHUT UP!!" the troopers began to get silent. Hardcase was one to be excited and hyperactive but he never shouted at his brothers. "Standing here arguing isn't getting us anywhere!" He looked around until his helmet looked at Johnson who was now made visible as he walked over to Rex. "General Johnson!" As he called him out, the other clones looked at the man who actually fought alongside them, who actually tried to keep them alive, who actually cared about them other than a number on a battlefield casualty list. "Sir, what do you think about all this? You're still in charge right? What are your orders?" Hardcase asked, raising his gatling blaster ready to fight.

The other troopers started asking the same questions and the Sargent didn't know how to answer right away. He holstered his rifle and walked a few paces towards the gorge and stopped. He activated his visor and looked around. Nothing nearby, nothing to be seen anyway.