Late Meetings of the Wisest in their Fields

So lately everyone has been almost overwhelmingly supportive of the last chapter. Having not updated in a week short of a year, it's amazing to think so many of you even stuck around like you have. That being said I reread some of this and I've noticed... I've been a little inconsistent.

Not just with schedule posting but with the character of Johnson as a whole. I've focused more on the Clone Wars then the Johnson aspect of it. I've been enjoying making a more surreal and vulnerable Johnson (for lack of a better word) that I lost sight on why I loved the character to begin with and liked making my own version of a character.

Which isn't what I wanted to do. I didn't want to change him so much that he is unrecognizable but I wanted him to change enough for him to see who he was in one galaxy compared to how the next changed him over time.

But I definitely want to make him go back to how I first envisioned him when I started this story back in 2018. Down to earth, gun toting, cigar chomping and all. But with real growth, stress and thoughts a war vet would have in a similar situation. Let alone the actual situation Johnson found himself in.

Don't expect Johnson to suddenly 180 into how he was, but I'm planning on slowly introducing him back after a few instances that may test him again and again as the War goes on. I want a healthy middle if that makes sense.

The constant battles, the ever growing enemies and allies alike. Let alone the cliff hangers I've put into place.

Speaking of... I think I can finally check one of them off my list today. I've been wanting to write this chapter for a while because I think it opens the door for a whole new position the story can take place.

Here's a hint, it's not the obvious point you might think it is.

With all that being said thank you for taking the time to read this little addendum and my thoughts. Thank you for still reading this story from begin getting to this point and for sticking with me all this time.

Here's to all you looking forward to this.

—-900999009009/-9009009009/:—9000

Playing God is something that could be discussed by the differing morals of everyone and everything for years. No one will ever be able to come to a common conclusion on whether it was right or wrong through the context of creating unnatural life.

To create life itself was one thing. It was natural for most living things. To create clones of life, was an entire matter completely.

The U.N.S.C had banned the use of creating flash clones as it had concluded that it violated human rights long before the the Human-Covenant War, as per the Mortal Dictata. Yet flash cloning body parts was seen as a medical miracle in technology for the benefit of the human race.

The thoughts of providing ready for transplant organs to the patient was a grand achievement... but if the High Brass or god forbid ONI found out that the Republic had made a literal army of Clone soldiers who knew nothing but war...

The ramp of the shuttle lowered to the concrete ground of the landing platform where the occupants all walked down and onto solid ground again. All of them sporting the black and grey armor of Helljumper Squad Alpha. With their Marine General leader.

"Glad to see you back General." One of the base officers of the New Mombasa base had saluted the U.N.S.C Sargent. His smirk plastered on the sight of him and the ODSTs all making their way inside.

The outside air was frigid with the planet's winter season on the horizon, the wind chills being its tell sign as the pure white clouds covered the star that the planet called its Sun. The far off forest trees of the planet having their pines and leaves fall off months before.