Chapter 3- The Commander

Grayson's POV

   "I know..." I muttered, a sense of understanding washing over me. I was the commander.

   "You do?" Flare asked.

   "The commander," I said.

   "Prove it," she said. I didn't hesitate.

   "Think about it, I lead the group along, keep everyone in order. I know most of the badlands, and know every way into the empire. Drake just said I was the leader right before you woke up. I have the spirit of a commander, and I use it often," I said, proud that I found my place in the group.

   Flare smiled.

   "That's true, but you also are great at giving orders, and you keep us all safe, and I assist with that," she said. She was the protector. The amount of times she'd saved my life was uncountable. She was a great fighter and she was extremely fit for running rooftops, climbing walls, and hiding like a ninja. She was perfect for the place.

   "We don't speak of this to anyone until that person has had a talk with Him, agreed?" she asked, holding out her hand.

   "Agreed," I said, shaking it.

   Drake's POV

   I lied on the ground, waiting for the others to some back. Whatever they had to talk about must have been personal, or they would have told all of us. We are a team, right?

   Flame's soft snoring broke the deep silence. I had always had a small crush on her since I met her, I'd just never gotten to think much about it until now, when nothing else was super important to me. She was sleeping in an odd position, almost like Flare. Her fiery wings were folded on her back, and her tail was spread across the floor. Her arms were tucked underneath her, and she was curled up in a ball, sleeping soundly.

   I almost felt like I was in a trance. Memorized by her appearance. We found Flare and Flame when we were at the Arctic Base. They'd flown from Bulgaria and Flare had almost been killed because her blood froze, nearly paralyzing her. She was cold-blooded, and needed the sun's heat to survive. In the Arctic, there is no heat. Now we were in a different dimension, and we've been exploring the lands ever since.

   Grayson knows the most about it though, he's been all over, he even went into the Red Keep before any of us did. After Herobrine had been "defeated", we split up, went our different ways. Just to meet up again at a destroyed village? What a small world this is.

   Flare and Grayson walked back around the corner, smiling. They laid down next to each other and Flare actually laid normal. She laid on her side, curling her tail and wings in closer to her, and Grayson laid on his back, looking extremely tired.

   "You guys going back to sleep? We almost need to leave anyway," I said. Grayson closed his eyes, and Flare nodded, closing her eyes as well. Well, whatever, it wouldn't hurt to be a little late would it? I closed my eyes and fell asleep almost as fast as I ran from the nightmares.

   Le Time Skip

   I woke up at dawn, still early. Grayson had Flare close to him, his arms wrapped around her. What startled me was Flame. She was cuddling against my chest, silently sleeping. I blushed. Did she like me? Or was this just an accident and I was the only one there for her to cuddle with? I hoped with my life it was the first choice.

   Flame yawned and opened her eyes. She looked at me and smiled, so I smiled back. She didn't seem to notice that she was clinging to me.

   "Morning Drake," she greeted softly.

   "Good morning," I said, "We have a long journey ahead of us, so I think we should get our stuff and wake up the others. Sound good?" I asked. She nodded and let go. I stood up and helped her to her feet.

   "I'll wake up the others," she said in her adorable, shy voice. I nodded and went to go pack my stuff.

   A/N- SORRY SHORT CHAPTER I KNOW! It's just school and stuff you know? I hate it, it gets in my schedule. Anyway! I hope you enjoyed and goodbye!